Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Centerforce dual friction or spec stage 2????

Centerforce dual friction or spec stage 2????

Hey Everyone. I have 2 clutches (from different engines I had) that are in like new condition. Both where fitted to sbf stroker engines and worked great. Centerforce had great pedal feel and super easy clutch pedal. Spec is really stiff and grabs hard. My question is that I will be adding a supercharger to the mix and am aiming for around 450-500 Rwhp. Does anyone have experience with if either of these clutches will hold up fine and which one? Or sell both and go McLeod?
    Thanks!
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Lots running Dual Friction cluthes at that H/P with no problems, great clutch. The Spec will have more bite but less than stellar manners make em a no go for me.
    However, my go to clutch for bigger H/P cars is the McLeod RST dual disc. All the holding power in the world with no downside (except the cost).

my DF slipped...with turbo torque...

I feel the centrifugal weights dont lock up the clutch at lower RPMs + torque

went to a stage 3 SPEC

my left leg is now larger/robust...best part?

no slipping

Good point Tail, typically Vortech or similar blowers need bigger RPM before they hit hard which is, as you stated, what the floating wts need to work properly. Set ups that make big low n mid torque tend to see poor life out of DF clutches.

Monera3v
    Centerforce has been working pretty good for me, making 438hp/438tq better feel than stock clutch and I abuse my car XD