Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor Trend, Head to Head, Roadkill: So long Youtube...

Mustang Occasionally

Motor Trend, Head to Head, Roadkill: So long Youtube...

Interesting watching print media still try to navigate through the murky waters of the internet.

https://www.tflcar.com/2018/03/motor...-youtube-news/

YESTERDAY, MOTOR TREND EXPERIENCED A WATERSHED MOMENT AS THEY ARE MOVING ALL THEIR CONTENT OFF YOUTUBE. AND SOME FOLKS ARE NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT.

Motor Trend has a big announcement for you guys, as evidenced by the video below. From this point forward, their content will be hosted exclusively off YouTube’s platform. By and large, YouTube commenters’ responses to the move have been negative. Why? The reason could be that the company’s spinning off its video content into a paid subscription service. For the next ten days (from March 19, 2018) – the service is 50% off, or $2.99/month. However, when that promotional period ends, it stands to reason the price will go up to around $6.00/month, or $48.00/year.

Now, they still stand as one of the titans in automotive journalism. In print form, they’ve been around since 1949. They’ve been around for the lion’s share of the 20th century, and continue to produce print content today. However, as media has moved online, so too has the business model surrounding its production. Rather than focusing on print content, publishers are moving to video content instead. That’s the driving premise behind YouTube, and the motivation behind Motor Trend’s move off the platform as well.

Youtube is killing creators on revenue since the whole Pewdie Pie crap last year.
    Advertisers pulled their adds and YouTube felt it hard.
    The new structure doesn't pay as well as it use to.
    This is the calm before the storm.
    Platforms like Twitch will reap the benefits from this.

As far as Roadkill though
    YouTube was 2-3 episodes behind anyways.
    I DL them when they release.
    Just watched the Ugly Truckling last night.
    Side note still owe props to Darkhorse for putting me on to it

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    I hope youtube goes the way of the dodo.

I have alot of channels that i sub to that have videos pulled almost daily. If you dont live in the PC left wing youtube world your gonna pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

Gonna see more of this as people get fed up with YouTube selective governing.

They are labeling it as the addpocolyps but there is more to it than that.
    See the cancelation of Tim Allen’s show to get the idea of whats going on

Youtube is the only way I get my fix of old school music......I can't hate them.

I've fallen so far behind in watching car videos.

Let me first state I love YouTube and the majority of the video I watch is YouTube content rather then cable tv.

That said YouTube is a mess from the sounds of it, they push the content of TV shows over independent creators based on the fact that it's A safer bet for advertising. The new structure for monitizing accounts has resulted in users waiting 3+months after they fulfill all criteria before being monitzed. Existing channels have randomly started getting videos demonotized right after going up based on titles etc that don't make sense, each one needs to be challenged individually and they often miss the initial rush of views.

So it makes sense that motor trend with the overhead they have is likely not making what they need to to keep creating content, motortrend on demand and YouTube red have been failures.

It's disappointing though I used to watch their shows and now I wont be able to

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Youtube is the only way I get my fix of old school music......I can't hate them.
    Same here... Only thing, I convert the videos to mp3 files so I can add them to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Same here... Only thing, I convert the videos to mp3 files so I can add them to my collection.
    Just make sure they are 480 or higher. Anything lower and you will really hear it on a decent system.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by blbokeb View Post
    Up
    Your contribution to the site today has been inspiring!

The reason youtube is so popular is Google Chrome will pick any "YouTube" videos first on a search.
    If you use any other browser a new world opens up!