Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hagerty Insurnace - New "Cherished Salvage" Policy Coverage

^Regardless it’s a great option, I’ve only ever heard of companies saying no, if u want it back you’ll need to bid on it at auction. For a car that is special to the owner, this is an amazing benefit to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I’ve only ever heard of companies saying no, if u want it back you’ll need to bid on it at auction.
    I've heard the same, but legally you have the right of first refusal on the salvage. I got my coupe back after my insurance company wrote it off.

Either way, you are right, it's nice to have an option where that is clear in the contract.
    -Don____________

Sound interesting, I'll have to look at that since I'll be renewing soon.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Mrods View Post
    I finally made the move to Hagerty after I was rear ended a few seasons ago and realised, I'm screwed out of at least $25K if the car was a write off given the $$ have into it vs. it's stock net worth.
    That is why a proper appraisal is so important to have!

This is such a smart money making move on Hagerty's part to add this option to collector/classic car policies. Seeing as all the vehicles under this type of policy wont be driven much, mostly driven on weekends and in great weather conditions, plus only used for 6-7 months out of a full year. With all this factored in, this would greatly reduce the chances of a vehicle being written off.

But God forbid your vehicle does get written off and you come out unharmed. Ask yourself this, how many of you have the driveway or garage space (plus an understanding spouse!!) to store a twisted wreck for any period of time? Then find the time to try and salvage parts hopefully they weren't destroyed. Even if you were able to repair your "branded" vehicle, it'll never be the same prior to a wreck and be worth shit for resale.

Maybe it's just me... If one of my Mustangs were to get written off, just cut me my appraisal valued cheque so I can move on.
    Last edited by True Blue; 03-27-2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling

^ your right.. but if you dumped $20k into your engine and get rear ended, at least you can still pull your motor.
    '88 LX

^^^ If it works out that way in your favour, great! What I said depends on your situation and of course YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I've heard the same, but legally you have the right of first refusal on the salvage. I got my coupe back after my insurance company wrote it off.

Either way, you are right, it's nice to have an option where that is clear in the contract.
    In some ways I prefer this premium method. I'd rather pay my base premium plus a $150 extra year and if my car gets wrecked I can use my full settlement to buy the cleanest example to swap parts to or rebuild from, or part out and add to my settlement to get in to a better ride. With deducting the value you end up about a wash in the end I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate