Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bilsteins hard to get this year, what to buy.

Bilsteins hard to get this year, what to buy.

Time of the year when many are looking for new struts and shocks. For the Fox through New Edge crowd, Bilsteins have been the go to shock that never disappoints, sux Maximum and others are still showing them on a National Back Order. While I haven't called since last fall, they said at the time and still show on their web site, no known due date. Not sure if that means for what ever reason not available or if perhaps Bilsteins is / has discontinued them.
    Maximum have released a complete new line of their own shocks n struts. No experience with them beyond running their custom valved Bilsteins rears on my own car (extremely pleased with them) but knowing Maximum more likely vs not a good piece. They are offered in Street, Race and second level Race valving with coil over kits offered for all.
    If your looking for a tried and true option, Koni have what you need and yes Maximum still offer coil over kits for them. I would strongly strongly strongly suggest you opt for double adjustable vs their single. Yes considerable difference in cost but drive on them once and you will not regret the decision, yes they are that good. While some feel they are more suitable to aggressive spring rates n track use, nothing could be further from the truth, they are the perfect choice for anyone from the Sunday cruiser to the hard core track ride. Best part, dialing them in for your wants n needs is anything but a big deal.
    Hope this helps.

If your considering them plus springs for the same year rides, no matter your intended use, can never go wrong with the improved ride (yes better ride vs conventional lowering springs) and handling a Maximum Motorsports coil over conversion brings to the table. On a solid axle car, biggest gain is in a front conversion but the rear is still money well spent. On an IRS car, takes the entire car to another level. Just as cool as improved ride and handling, totally adjustable ride height.
    The myth about coil overs = a harsh ride could not be further from the truth.

I run Viking double adjustable, they have been very good so far.

I wonder if they can still repair or modify the valving if you already have a set? Was thinking of revalving mine.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Don't know about any other vehicles, but I know the Frontier Pro4X comes with Bilsteins. Wondering if supplying OEM is affecting availability?
    -Don____________

Did a bunch of looking around, LMR shows em on back order as well but do have a shipping date. Maybe there is some hope afterall.

Out of Stock Estimated Ship Date - Friday, April 06

Club Supporter
    Must be all the Frontier trucks they’re selling these days.

Big fan of the Konis on my car and previous. Never had an issue with them and support generally good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I ran bilstiens on my last 2 Saleens matched with MM coils. Loved the ride quality on and off the track. I really want to step it up and go coil overs on my new fox and maybe trying out koni’s. I just have a hard time with how much coil over cost. It’s crazy for what you get. I have also been thinking about going away from panhard bar and switching to irs. To do it right though is a $2k swap! Have to pay to play though. Decisions decisions.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!