Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bilsteins hard to get this year, what to buy.

Results with S/A Konis last few years have been hit or miss. Not bad on solid axle cars so long as spring rates (coil over or conventional) are on the conservative side. On an IRS Cobra, fronts are still fine, rears, they've missed by enough they don't even work well with stock springs. In the same breath, with the D/A version, stellar results every time so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I ran bilstiens on my last 2 Saleens matched with MM coils. Loved the ride quality on and off the track. I really want to step it up and go coil overs on my new fox and maybe trying out koni’s. I just have a hard time with how much coil over cost. It’s crazy for what you get. I have also been thinking about going away from panhard bar and switching to irs. To do it right though is a $2k swap! Have to pay to play though. Decisions decisions.
    While combo of MM road and track springs plus Bilsteins is a fan tas tic combo, just once around the block with exact same vehicle swapped to an MM coil over conversion and you'd never go back. My only regret on the MM coil over conversion, not having done it sooner.

As ZR knows, I ordered KYB AGX adjustables from Rock auto a couple of days ago. We'll see how they work out but the Rock Auto price and the prepaid visa rebate offer was tough to beat. IM sure they wont compare to the Konis or the Bilstiens but Im hoping from what ive read that they will be a good budget option for me, and my car hasnt seen a track other than the occasional autocross. Ill be sure to report my findings in my currently quiet build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Don't know about any other vehicles, but I know the Frontier Pro4X comes with Bilsteins. Wondering if supplying OEM is affecting availability?
    The same thing crossed my mind Don, our Nissan Titans at work all come factory with Bilsteins and they ride great btw...lol
    2024 VW MK8R - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed
    2004 SVT Cobra - Sold
    2004 SVT Lightning - Sold

stangstevers
    Got mine from a store in the UK via ebay... took about 5 days. They had 10 in stock last time I checked. For the rear, not sure what to do. I don't think there's a lot of coilover kits for the 03/04 Cobra IRS? I need bilsteins with the notch in 'em to use the MM stuff.

You could.......

-have stock Cobra coupe rears slotted (vert shocks are not a good option)
    -have aftermarket Bilsteins slotted
    -buy slotted version from MM direct.

If you want to run Koni's on the rear with a conservative spring, I've got the coil over conversion (no springs) and one rear shock I'd sell cheap (don't have second shock, had it cut open in an attempt to revalve for aggressive spring)

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    You could.......

-have stock Cobra coupe rears slotted (vert shocks are not a good option)
    -have aftermarket Bilsteins slotted
    -buy slotted version from MM direct.

If you want to run Koni's on the rear with a conservative spring, I've got the coil over conversion (no springs) and one rear shock I'd sell cheap (don't have second shock, had it cut open in an attempt to revalve for aggressive spring)
    Tell me more lol something like this? https://www.americanmuscle.com/maxim...904-cobra.html

Exactly that but includes one xxx low mileage Koni shock.
    $250

stangstevers
    Done! Assuming I can buy another if they still make it lol

Also need to rent your fender paint cracker for my black notch hahaha

I'll PM ya

Perfect.
    Kit spoken for.