Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRS is here

stangstevers

IRS is here

Thanks for your help Rick and fellows.

So I got all the MM stuff for the front and #275 springs. Now for the IRS install (from a 03 Termi). So far, it's suggested to get the full tilt boogie bushing kit and a means to strengthen the diff cover. Now a few questions or comments.

- I don't want to install this and get massif wheel-hop lol I'm hoping the bushings will help. I do like to act stupid (in Mexico) in this car.

- Is the steeda reinforcement enough to strengthen the diff? I don't think I'm producing enough power to really hurt anything (maybe 320-350 at the motor, TOPS) and won't be using any sticky tires.

- I can simply use the fox yoke in the diff so I can keep my alu. drive shaft untouched?

- I got the MM coilover kit (thanks Rick) but still a tad unsure about spring rate to get. It's a fox which probably weighs around 3000 pounds or less (factory delete car and alu heads and such). Not a drag race car at all, spirited driving and hopefully start taking it to road course events. So I need it to be somewhat usable on bumpy roads.

- I got to reinforce the strut towers in back with some custom bracing, looking forward to that should be fun.

- Where can I find Cobra tails? It seems I need to buy the full cat-back to gain access to the tails which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Thanks for your help Rick and fellows.

So I got all the MM stuff for the front and #275 springs. Now for the IRS install (from a 03 Termi). So far, it's suggested to get the full tilt boogie bushing kit and a means to strengthen the diff cover. Now a few questions or comments.

- I don't want to install this and get massif wheel-hop lol I'm hoping the bushings will help. I do like to act stupid (in Mexico) in this car.

Will the complete Full Tilt Boogie kit and a decent tires, typically see no wheel hop. In a 5.0 / T5 Fox, you may not need their dropped rear mount to correct pinion angle. Well worth trying bushings in your stock one first.

- Is the steeda reinforcement enough to strengthen the diff? I don't think I'm producing enough power to really hurt anything (maybe 320-350 at the motor, TOPS) and won't be using any sticky tires.

Assume you mean Steeda diff brace, quality piece that will keep everything in one piece.

- I can simply use the fox yoke in the diff so I can keep my alu. drive shaft untouched?

- I got the MM coilover kit (thanks Rick) but still a tad unsure about spring rate to get. It's a fox which probably weighs around 3000 pounds or less (factory delete car and alu heads and such). Not a drag race car at all, spirited driving and hopefully start taking it to road course events. So I need it to be somewhat usable on bumpy roads.

Shoot Suki or Majid a pm n ask what they ended up with.

- I got to reinforce the strut towers in back with some custom bracing, looking forward to that should be fun.

Done it for a few guys on here, works extremely well to tighten up the rear chassis.

- Where can I find Cobra tails? It seems I need to buy the full cat-back to gain access to the tails which sucks.
    I may still have the partially damaged ones off my Cobra, shoot me a message later in the week and I'll check.

stangstevers
    You mean "per-clearenced" tail pipes for lowered cars? lol

Please check it out if you still got 'em. Thanks Rick.

Adding to the above, if / when your doing bushings, empty cradle is even easier to handle when mocking up (new cradle mounting bushings must be installed first of course).

Done it for a few guys on here, works extremely well to tighten up the rear chassis.
    Is this strictly for a IRS setup? Always wondered how much a brace connecting both towers would help. Seen some scary pics online...
    '88 LX

great suggestion here...

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Spend the money on a performance driving school instead ... then any car you drive will be better!

cheers
    Ed

May I suggest going with the modified / updated ford diff cover. Even more awesomer then steeda brace. if you got the coin.
    I have a steeda brace on my irs convertec 1995 cobra and the upgraded ford cover on a factory 04 cobra. It is a great piece and if you go with full till boogie you can get it from them preground for their rear bushing set too.

I love the way my irs 1995 rides. It has great street manners, I would do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Is this strictly for a IRS setup? Always wondered how much a brace connecting both towers would help. Seen some scary pics online...
    ZR made a rear shock tower brace for my Fox, I can text you pics.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Thanks, Rick was talking about your notch, sounds like a pretty awesome setup!

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Always like seeing Rick's work.. PMed you my #
    '88 LX