Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6

Thread: GT350 rear bumper fit to quarter panels

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar

GT350 rear bumper fit to quarter panels

Noticed this service message while scanning through the new ones this morning, maybe some of the Shelby owners on here are seeing it with their cars:

Some 2015-2018 Mustang GT350 vehicles built on or before 26-Feb-2018 may exhibit an excessive panel gap where the rear bumper cover meets the rear quarter panels on either side of the vehicle. This may be due to the method used to fasten the rear bumper cover to the vehicle.

There is a procedure listed to install new part number JR3Z-17N775-A to correct the issue. Stock is available in the Livonia Michigan warehouse at this point, usually 3-4 days to get parts out of there for southern Ontario dealers. This will be a no-charge repair for vehicles that are still under the base warranty period.
    Last edited by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT; 04-10-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: add info
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

I fixed 2 of my friends rear bumper with this problem. 10mmor 8mm bolt I think.I just loosened it and it popped right out, in line with the quarter. 10 seconds.They both have 2016 GT 350's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post
    Noticed this service message while scanning through the new ones this morning, maybe some of the Shelby owners on here are seeing it with their cars:

Some 2015-2018 Mustang GT350 vehicles built on or before 26-Feb-2018 may exhibit an excessive panel gap where the rear bumper cover meets the rear quarter panels on either side of the vehicle. This may be due to the method used to fasten the rear bumper cover to the vehicle.

There is a procedure listed to install new part number JR3Z-17N775-A to correct the issue. Stock is available in the Livonia Michigan warehouse at this point, usually 3-4 days to get parts out of there for southern Ontario dealers. This will be a no-charge repair for vehicles that are still under the base warranty period.
    GHIG

Cool seeing Ford be proactive like that.

Nice. My GT350will be fixed lol. Oh wait I am dreaming again lol