Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh. Re: towing capacities.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    tow the trailer with the F150
    tow the boat with the wife's car.
    that's an option just would suck to go on a family vacation and make a 7 hour drive in separate vehicles, as well as putting gas in both and paying extra at campgrounds to park the extra truck

Doesn't seem too bad. Maybe 3000 lbs with trailer and loaded with fuel etc. The 1970-73 weighs 1600 lbs the 74 is a little more and the 75 is 2050 lbs. Found that info here. http://boatspecs.iboats.com/Glastron...03s14593m13600

1969 Glastron Boats Swinger V-177

This inboard/outboard runabout is 17.33 feet long and weighs 1450 (pounds dry). This weight does not account for passengers, fuel, or gear. The beam of this craft is 84 inches.

Your Glastron fiberglass hulled boat can be kept in better condition by covering it properly when not in use. This will help to prolong its use and resale value. Proper maintenance and care (and winterization if needed) will also help maintain the usability and value of the craft. As engine life also effects the value of a boat, we have included engine information as well.

Information on this page is provided to you as a free service of iboats.com. Because this information has come from many sources we can not guarantee its accuracy. Even if this information is the same as the original factory specs, boats are sometimes modified. Thus, for safety and other reasons, it is a good idea to verify information here to make sure it matches up with your boat. For additional information, we recommend the iboats forums and a boating safety course.

Engine Information:
    This boat may have come with the following or other engines :
    (In the interest of safety, never exceed the manufacturer's maximum horsepower rating for your boat.)
    120 hp
    155 hp

Distance your talking, driving realistically, see no problem.

You're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Just traded a 2016 F150 5.0 with 3.31 gears for an '18 with 5.0 and 3.73 gears. Haven't towed anything yet but the truck definitely feel more capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Just traded a 2016 F150 5.0 with 3.31 gears for an '18 with 5.0 and 3.73 gears. Haven't towed anything yet but the truck definitely feel more capable.
    What’s the mileage like with the 3:73’s?

I think we decided. Not to trade it into ford would take too much of a hit.

We are gonna throw it at lease busters and if someone snatches it we will upgrade if not we will run it as is.
    Dealer said it was no concern for warranty.

My only concern would be the mto.

MTO end of things.

-do you require truck and trailer(s) to be inspected or does camper mean its exempt?
    -does trk require registering for gross wt your towing or does camper again apply?
    -same for lic to drive your combo?
    -does it make a difference if truck registered personally or to your business?

That’s what I need to figure out.
    Truck is leased by the business

From what I’ve found on line. In the states it would be a big problem. They actually do spot checks on campers. And will make campers go threw the scales on the hwys. If your over weight it’s a big fine

Can’t find info here as to if the mto cares much or does spot checks.

Registered to business, pretty sure commercial reg changes things, best check to be sure.

Please pardon my lack of knowledge regarding this topic as I have never towed anything bigger than a sled trailer, but I was wondering about tow packages. All the talk so far seems to revolve around engine size and gearing, but what about brakes, transmission, and cooling (engine and trans.). Do these things get upgraded when one orders a tow package? Just curious.