Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh. Re: towing capacities.

Or wait for the diesel f150. Dodges v6 diesel is a beast. Awesome on fuel, mountains of torque...GM has one in the works so im sure Ford will have one shortly if not already. I hate to break it to yall lol but diesel is likely coming to north america in a big way much the same as in the uk and europe. I for one welcome it....its about bloody time. The small diesels are surpassing similar gas engines in terms of effeciency and power and i honestly cant see a reason NOT to buy one....ok i can, the repair cost. But the little Mercedes diesels and VW diesels have been known to rack up half a million miles with nothing more than oil changes for maintenence.

Just food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    So you're tandem towing? You want to hook the trailer to the truck, then the boat to the trailer?
    Hell yea, cottage country B trains!!

Not a crack at anyone here but, no idea why thats legal, especially given you need zero training.

I'd be more concerned with the short wheel base and lower weight on the truck than it's tow capacity in this scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Not a crack at anyone here but, no idea why thats legal, especially given you need zero training.
    Same reason its legal to hand over the keys of a 10,000lb, 26' moving van to somebody who only has a G license thats never driven anything bigger than a Vespa.....its just common sense isnt it? You can drive a vespa, you can drive a huge truck....theres really no difference....they both have tires and a motor right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bksrt8 View Post
    Same reason its legal to hand over the keys of a 10,000lb, 26' moving van to somebody who only has a G license thats never driven anything bigger than a Vespa.....its just common sense isnt it? You can drive a vespa, you can drive a huge truck....theres really no difference....they both have tires and a motor right?
    Staggering difference in dynamics between a moving van and a vehicle with two point of articulation.

Do you think so?!!

Im fairly aware of that being that i drive tractor/trailers every day.

The point was that people should not be operating vehicles like large moving vans or trailers without SOME kind of training.

Dont think we need to get bogged down with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksrt8 View Post
    Do you think so?!!

Im fairly aware of that being that i drive tractor/trailers every day.

The point was that people should not be operating vehicles like large moving vans or trailers without SOME kind of training.

Dont think we need to get bogged down with the details.
    Needed the sarcasm font then, your post came off like you were of the belief that there was no difference. I agree with you there should be some form of additional qualification or training. What most annoying is the RV's are completely exempt from most the regulations. A guy with an enclosed car trailer needs more paperwork than someone with a 40ft diesel class a and jeep in tow.

Haha no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    So you're tandem towing? You want to hook the trailer to the truck, then the boat to the trailer?
    yes.

if it was just the boat or just the trailer it would be fine but then I would have bought a bigger camping trailer lol