Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 F-150 3.0L PowerStroke Diesel has EPA-estimated rating of 30 mpg (U.S.)

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar

2018 F-150 3.0L PowerStroke Diesel has EPA-estimated rating of 30 mpg (U.S.)

DEARBORN, Mich., April 19, 2018 – The 2018 Ford F-150’s first 3.0-liter Power Stroke® diesel engine officially boasts EPA-estimated ratings of 30 mpg highway, 22 mpg city and 25 mpg combined. These are the highest EPA-estimated ratings available in a full-size pickup truck.

These benchmark figures are the result of more than a decade of work developing a lightweight high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body, a 10-speed SelectShift® transmission, and robust engine construction of aluminum and compacted graphite iron to deliver durability, reduced weight and stump-pulling torque.

“Even a few years ago, customers wouldn’t have imagined an EPA-estimated rating of 30 mpg highway would be possible in a full-size pickup, but our team of crazy-smart engineers rose to the challenge,” said Hau Thai-Tang, Ford executive vice president, product development and purchasing.

In addition to its leading fuel economy ratings, the all-new F-150 Power Stroke boasts best-in-class* diesel power – 250 horsepower and a stout 440 lb.-ft. of torque – greater torque than a 2019 Ram 1500 Hemi V8. It provides best-in-class diesel towing of 11,400 pounds for pulling boats, horses or RVs. The new engine also provides best-in-class diesel payload – 2,020 pounds for XL and XLT fleet applications, and 1,940 pounds for retail applications – to easily haul equipment, supplies or a slide-in camper.

More info on the Ford Media site:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...a-estimat.html
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

A 3.0L turbo diesel? getting closer to my dream truck. Now just make it smaller.

-Don____________

Impressive.

Interesting.

Hopefully it's not a giant lemon like other light duty diesel engines.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I love diesels having had a 98 2500 dodge 5.9, but they are a tough sell in North America. Price point always seems to be the deal breaker.

PLEASE tell me its not designed by International!

We dont need another 6.0l or 6.4l type disaster. Ford did such a nice job with the 6.7....lets hope they also designed this motor in such a way that its not going to cost a small fortune to maintain like the 6.0l and 6.4l.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Ford and International won't be collaborating on engines any time soon ... there were lawsuits back and forth over the 6.0L/6.4L issues. This engine was designed by Ford engineers, and uses the same compacted graphite iron material for the block casting as the 6.7 engines.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

its interesting but a pricy option ($6000 I think) and still falls second in towing to the 3.5

time will tell on the longevity
    there is a lot of emissions system issues with a lot of diesels now that are making people gun shy

edit

for comparison purposes the new titan has the 5.0 cummings, with 555ft/lbs of torque but still has a tow rating less that the 3.5 ford with the max tow.
    but again its like an $8000 option,

I haven't had a pick up for years, and don't understand Ford pushing the 3.5 for higher tow rating, when a 5.0 just seems to be the natural choice to me?
    Given the current pressure from the government related to cutting and quartering any body caught with a deleted diesel, the EGR maintenance etc. Just doesn't pay back enough to pay the diesel premium for an occasional hauler.