Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: S197 Alignment done. Thoughts?

V6416

S197 Alignment done. Thoughts?

2014 v6 stock. Not sure what to think of the results. Are they ok? I went in because I felt a slight pull to the left. Recently got new rims/tires and want them to wear as evenly as possible so figured I should get er done. Had the pull on my old set as well. Shop mentioned getting panbars to straighten the rears

Stock ride height?
    How does it feel / drive now?
    Looks like biggest issue was toe.

V6416
    Its stock height. Not sure what the actual height is though.
    Ride felt good driving home. Not that it felt bad before, but I think it's improved although it was just a 3km drive down st clair lol.
    What do you think of the camber and caster numbers?They were closer on the initial..

Caster, on many rides take a hair more in the RT side to keep em straight due to road angle.
    Camber, much prefer to see them the same, if possible but most won't take the time, most cars you can't feel the difference anyways.

V6416
    Thanks for the knowledge and input man! I guess there's not much point in asking if they can get the camber to zero eh

Camber at zero will cause decent tire roll in corners, the car will understeer much more than it already does, if you know what I mean. Really you want some negative camber, and yours appears about where I would set it myself. It appears as though you are dog-tracking slightly in the rear, do you have stock control arms out back? It’s not a huge deal really and I wouldn’t worry about it, but it would be nice to see it squared up.

Ford specs show camber at -0.75 deg plus/minus 0.75 and caster at 7.1 deg plus/minus 0.75, so yours is fine.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

V6416
    Thank you ZR, Ponyryd and fast Ed for your input!
    Happy to hear the numbers look ok.
    Yes they're stock control arms in the rear.