Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Question of the day...

Question of the day...

How is it that in the aftermath of the horrific events on Yonge Street, the police were able to process a huge crime scene in about 24 hours, but a crash on the 401 with only one fatality can take several hours? The time proportions seem way off. Just wondering.

From what I heard they brought in other police services to assist....York, Peel, OPP...ect. ect....for the investigation.

It's my understanding, had different teams of officers working at each event location at the same time. Toronto Police assisted by other agencies plus officers from other areas.
    Investigating accidents, having been close to it for several years, can tell you the amount of detail involved, especially at a fatality or serious injury accident, is significant. Other times it's because the scene can be huge. Fatality / suicide, late evening, a driver at EB 401 at Vic Pk got out of his car and ran into the side of a tractor trailer. It was pouring rain, transport driver was not aware person walked into the side of the trailer and his body had been caught up in the undercarriage until stopped by a motorist all the way out in the Rouge Valley. A group of 8 or 10 of us fanned out and walked the hwy from VP to the Rouge looking for remains. Events like that happen more often vs what many are aware.
    Back in the day, flat beds were not very common, my having one and being on the Downsview OPP list, been to a significant number of fatal accidents.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    It's my understanding, had different teams of officers working at each event location at the same time. Toronto Police assisted by other agencies plus officers from other areas.
    Investigating accidents, having been close to it for several years, can tell you the amount of detail involved, especially at a fatality or serious injury accident, is significant. Other times it's because the scene can be huge. Fatality / suicide, late evening, a driver at EB 401 at Vic Pk got out of his car and ran into the side of a tractor trailer. It was pouring rain, transport driver was not aware person walked into the side of the trailer and his body had been caught up in the undercarriage until stopped by a motorist all the way out in the Rouge Valley. A group of 8 or 10 of us fanned out and walked the hwy from VP to the Rouge looking for remains. Events like that happen more often vs what many are aware.
    Back in the day, flat beds were not very common, my having one and being on the Downsview OPP list, been to a significant number of fatal accidents.

That had to be gruesome.

Just a snap shot of what Police, Ambulance n Fire personal deal with on a regular basis, major props to them for doing it year in and year out.
    Sadly, above was the not the worst one.

Seems that incedences involving some sort of terrorist or crazy person attack they wrap up as quick as possible to avoid too many peole leaking info.

You, I or any other person on the street really have no idea beyond what happens beyond clean up of the actual crime scene. Seeing as we continue to hear about raids and arrests long after the initial terrorist attacks all over the world, clearly investigating the initial crime scene is only the beginning. As much as our curiosity dictates we want more details, in many cases it makes no sense to release as it may hinder further investigations.