Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 Ford Vehicles That Will Be Classics In 20 Years.

Excursion ...

Maybe those explorers will become like the tri-five chevies of the future.......lol.

I'd add the 1989 Taurus SHO. What a great stealthy fast sedan. And a high reving Yamaha engine to boot! Loved mine....kinda wish I'd held onto it now.

There was more than just the 89 btw....remember 99(iirc) when they dropped the 4.6 in the taurus?

The old style sho is better looking tho hands down but they were SOOOOO unreliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    I'd add the 1989 Taurus SHO. What a great stealthy fast sedan. And a high reving Yamaha engine to boot! Loved mine....kinda wish I'd held onto it now.
    Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bksrt8 View Post
    There was more than just the 89 btw....remember 99(iirc) when they dropped the 4.6 in the taurus?

The old style sho is better looking tho hands down but they were SOOOOO unreliable.

I liked the 89-95 version better than the later model year version as well. Ford changed nature of the car in later years (auto only) and tried to make it more of a luxury sedan....than sports sedan.

My 89 was reliable, save the clutch, which I found wore pretty quickly. That might have had something to do with my driving style though. . I did the timing belt change myself on mine twice (per regular maintenance) and also adjusted the valve shims (per maintenance schedule). Outside of that, the car was very reliable for me.....and a ton of fun to drive. Surprised quite a few other drivers when they thought they had a fast car.....including some fox mustangs. . Launching the car was a real challenge though....torque steer was pretty crazy.

96-99 SHO had a unique 3.4L 60 degree V8 done by Yamaha, 235 hp and only available with an autobox. Under the Ford ownership, Volvo took that design and increased the displacement so they would have a compact V8 to fit their FWD/AWD chassis.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Oh my bad, i always thought it was a 4.6l

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    I still want a 1991 CRX Si
    Clean ones are bringing all the money

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...std-hatchback/

What's crazy is even semi late model tuner Honda's are trending up

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-honda-civic-13/
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Oh my bad, i always thought it was a 4.6l

The 95-02 FWD Lincoln Continental, which had a modded version of the Taurus / Sable chassis, did get its own variant of the 4.6L DOHC. Maybe that's what you were thinking of. I've seen 96-up Tauri on the Interwebs with a 4.6 swap.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

stangstevers
    I do not think that most mass produced vehicles after 93 will ever be a collector classic. Certainly not a 2011 Explorer... lol The way things are going, in 20 years gasoline powered cars may even be outlawed as far as I can tell plus most kids these days aren’t into cars. They won’t want to restore a 2017 mustang in 25 years.