Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help no power at fuel pump.

Inertia switch, are you positive you get power to both pins?
    Unless being cranked over, only see power there for a couple of seconds.

Is the system stock or modified? Verified no issue with PATS?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

^ Great thought?

Ya have had that PATS bite a few friends in the ass over a winter. Take the battery off in Fall and hook it back up in winter to find low and behold it's not recognizing one or both keys. Also seen the wiring under the dash fail which results in a full fail with any key.

If OP is running a heavily modded fuel system the FPDM checks would be my next call of port after verifying PATS. That aside there's always the rodent induced wiring damage angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Try dropping the back seat down and turn key to on position not start and see if you hear the fuel pumps prime. Just listen carefully i can deff hear mine. Verify that first.

ericarnold5010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    So pump had previously done it? Really should have replaced then as it was first sign of being on the way out. Pretty easy to follow / trace wires from the inertia switch across the rear panel n down to the tank junction. Could be a FPDM issue but yet to see one fail like that but anything is possible I guess. Pull tank connector, hook test light to fuel pump ground n power, crank it over. If no light, need to figure out if your missing power or ground.
    I'm assuming you pushed the inertia switch regardless?
    Sorry guys I was out of town for a couple days and haven't had time to post. Something weird happened today when I went to test at the inertia switch again I saw 10-11v at middle pin when cranking and a constant 1v at the other pin even without cranking, the weird part is when I went to test the second time the car started.. with the inertia switch unplugged. I now have 2 codes p1233 fpdm disabled or off line and p1237 fuel pump secondary circuit (fpdm) do you think the driver module is bad or did I set these codes because the car started up while the inertia switch was unplugged

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

ericarnold5010
    So pump had previously done it? Really should have replaced then as it was first sign of being on the way out. Pretty easy to follow / trace wires from the inertia switch across the rear panel n down to the tank junction. Could be a FPDM issue but yet to see one fail like that but anything is possible I guess. Pull tank connector, hook test light to fuel pump ground n power, crank it over. If no light, need to figure out if your missing power or ground.
    I'm assuming you pushed the inertia switch regardless?
    Didn't consider this at first but is it possible the car just started from residual pressure in the lines since I haven't touched it in a few days? It has gotten much warmer recently

ericarnold5010
    Quote Originally Posted by ericarnold5010 View Post
    Didn't consider this at first but is it possible the car just started from residual pressure in the lines since I haven't touched it in a few days? It has gotten much warmer recently

Okay and now the car started and is running absolutely fine and I could not be more confused

You'll need it to quit again to know for sure.

ericarnold5010
    You'll need it to quit again to know for sure.
    That's what I thought, I'll keep checking for the next couple days and if it doesnt start I'll test it then. Thanks alot for your help I really appreciate it.