Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  128
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Hobby

My dad and uncles were into the muscle cars and as soon as I was born the Hot Wheels started pouring in so I've been a car nut since very young, my dad owned a bunch of cars and all domestic except for the turbo Supra from the 80's and then a Nissan 300z, I started buying Car Craft mags when I was 15 and couldn't wait to get my drivers license to start tearing up the streets and that I did, lol.

Cool thread.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    the turbo Supra from the 80's and then a Nissan 300z
    These things were the cooooooolest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

stangstevers
    My family are into cars, growing up a family party turned into a small car show that included things like a 69 Cougar, 71? Duster, 73 Firebird, 78 Thunderbird, 77 F150 with a Cleveland lol... my first real car that I paid for with my $5/hr min wage job was a 81 Firebird... got into Foxes because of some rich jerk would always show off in his white GT hatch. Always wanted one... The pushrod 5.0 was one helluva little power plant and that Windsor SBF sound still resonates today.

With what’s going on today part of me thinks the hobby is a dead one.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    With what’s going on today part of me thinks the hobby is a dead one.
    It seems like it is for many younger kids, but look at the cars we have today! Alfa Romeo makes and SUV that laps the Nurburgring in under 8 minutes, FCA makes a 707 hp engine and stuffs it in 3 different rides, Camaro zl1 1le has 650 hp in a sick track car, family sedans from the Germans are running under 12 seconds, Raptor is an off-road ready badass truck (just needs a proper engine )etc........

My dad got me into it. He had a 73 Mach 1 in yellow and then a 78 Malibu coupe with a built 327 and turbo 400. Then there was an 80 Malibu....same 327 but it had an m22 Muncie this time.

I work on cars to save money and im a tinkerer....if i could afford it, id just pay someone to do it....problem is theres very few people i trust to do the work properly.

I worked as a car audio installer for a few years as more of a hobby than a job but i saw all the horrible shortcuts some people take and decided from that point on i wasnt letting just anybody work on my stuff

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Me, I'm a lifer. Grew up around my Dad's service station, rest is history.

My mother drove me around as a kid in her 1965 289 2+2 Mustang 4sp red on white
    A cool car and a cooler Mom. I miss them both

Can't say my family is into cars but I own a fox simply because my dad drove the wheels off his 86lx and I've wanted one since I can remember. Great childhood memories in that backseat.

I'm 30, so the early gran turismo and need for speed games got me into cars.
    '88 LX

I was really the only one really into cars from as far back as I can remember. My brothers had some cool rides when growing up which only fueled the fire...77 280z, new 87 Trans Am GTA, 80 Camaro with a 350 V8 and 81 corvette all were in my parents driveway at one time or another.

Then in 1993, I brought home my first Mustang (bright red 1990 lx 5.0 coupe with black interior) Good memories...
    FABMAN

starting at an esso station pumping gas 1969
    92 rcsb ftw