Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1989 Mustang with 2002 Mustang GT wiring harness - wiper motor wiring

1989 Mustang with 2002 Mustang GT wiring harness - wiper motor wiring

I am trying to install a wiper motor back in to a 1989 Mustang, but the car has a wiring harness from a 2002 Mustang GT. I have a wiper motor and harness from a 1989 Mustang, but need to find the correct plug to splice into and connect the harness from the 1989 mustang motor.

Does anyone have a photo of what the plug from a 2002 GT wiper motor looks like? what side of the car is the wiper motor installed on? wiring diagram of the two harness' (2002 and 1989)?

I have a new edge wiring book at home. I'll attempt to dig it out for you tomorrow night if you don't get a resolution prior.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Thanks, that would be really helpful

I went by Mustang Specialties and was able to find the correct wiper motor for the available harness that I was able to locate, see link.

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-...42420_734965_0

Wiper motor is installed and working well, but a couple issues. The wipers are on all the time , as soon as you turn the key to prime the fuel pump (constant 12V feed to the motor). Second issue is that when you turn the column wiper speed switch to speed up the wipers (which works perfect) the washer fluid motor comes on and stays on.

I tried using a multimeter to isolate which of the 6 (5 plus ground) wires in the harness is receiving constant power, but the circuit keeps overloading my MM, so something is amiss with this. I tried measuring the voltage with the harness ground and also with grounding the MM directly to the battery

Any ideas on what would be causing these issues or how I can isolate the problem? I am thinking if I go back to Mustang Specialties and cut a harness out of another car and plug it into the wiper motor and then with the loose wires from the harness I can temporarily push them into the car harness one at a time and isolate the problem

I believe it is something along those lines. Do you know how I can locate this and try to sort it out?