Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 05 gt seat swap airbag light

05 gt seat swap airbag light

I’m looking into buying an 05 gt with focus rs seats installed. The airbag light is on because of the new seats, is there a way to turn it off for the safety inspection? Or ultimately wire it up so it works correctly?

Need to have the proper seats installed, or the proper airbag resistance applied to the circuit.....I’m not saying you can, but if you measure a side airbag on a stick seat, then find that same resistor and wire it in you should be fine.

Or strip a pair of stock seats of the air bag stuff n transfer to the new seats.

Figured it would be one of those 2. Was hoping I wasn't thinking of something.

OCS bladder in the passenger seat may be the hardest to remove from the OEM seat and move over to the focus seats. As Rick said You will need to remove the Focus harnesses from the new seats and install your OEM seat harnesses.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Another option to disable the light only, remove everything from the old seats, plug in and leave under the new seats. On Gary's GT with Boss 302 seats, drivers side required only plug change to plug in and work correctly. On passengers side the electronics are totally different, removed everything from the original seat, plugged in and left it under. Plan is to change seat covers over shortly so once seats are out and stripped, transfer bladder etc over to the new one