Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: TPMS Question for 2011 Mustang GT

TPMS Question for 2011 Mustang GT

Is there a way of testing your TPMS to see if it's faulty without removing it from inside the tire? Put my new wheels on, with TPMS's I got off Amazon, and I'm getting "LOW TIRE PRESSURE" on my Dash..meanwhile all tires have good pressure as per spec. I've done the 'calibration' several times now but the message still there.

This is for a 2011 Mustang GT Vert.

Anyone know of any troubleshooting methods for this?

thanks in advance,

Carlos

It is possible to have a bad TPMS or perhaps you got the wrong frequency sensors.

charlie9294
    2011 MUSTANGS USE TPMS 12 FOR A PART NUMBER. BEST WAY TO TEST THEM IS WITH TPMS 19. THATS THE RESET TOOL, BUT ITLL TELL YOU IF A SETS OR NOT AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THE SENSOR IS ANY GOOD. THAT TOOL LISTS AT $59.08 AND ALL DEALERS SHOULD STOCK AT LEAST ONE FOR THEIR TECHNICIANS. OR VISIT QUICKLANE AND THEY WILL USE THAT TOOL AND TELL YOU WHATS UP FOR FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9294 View Post
    2011 MUSTANGS USE TPMS 12 FOR A PART NUMBER. BEST WAY TO TEST THEM IS WITH TPMS 19. THATS THE RESET TOOL, BUT ITLL TELL YOU IF A SETS OR NOT AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THE SENSOR IS ANY GOOD. THAT TOOL LISTS AT $59.08 AND ALL DEALERS SHOULD STOCK AT LEAST ONE FOR THEIR TECHNICIANS. OR VISIT QUICKLANE AND THEY WILL USE THAT TOOL AND TELL YOU WHATS UP FOR FREE.
    thanks so much! I will do that!
    Cheers!

2008 Saleen S281 Supercharged Speedster Candy Apple Red #12c
    1998 Saleen SVT Cobra S281 Speedster Chrome Yellow #71

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    It is possible to have a bad TPMS or perhaps you got the wrong frequency sensors.
    Yup..i'm thinking this is the case. Likely wrong frequency sensors. I'll find out soon enough. Thanks for the help.

C

2008 Saleen S281 Supercharged Speedster Candy Apple Red #12c
    1998 Saleen SVT Cobra S281 Speedster Chrome Yellow #71