Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else?

stangstevers

Anyone else?

Just so tired of pumping gas? Not sure what wires got crossed in my brain again but the fact that I need to fill up my Edge at least once a week is bugging the crap out of me. I suspect the governments are dumping more ethanol into the mix rendering the fuel less effective and all the while charging more for it in taxes. I'm reaching a boiling point. Got rid of the F150 because I felt stupid driving a V8 4x4 truck on the highway but also HATE FWD cars and settled for an Edge. Now I'm learning to get over myself and just bite the bullet and buy a honda civic sized Hybrid like a Volt. Slowly convincing my wife because in the process I need to sell the Fusion so we can keep the SUV for bad weather and pull a small trailer. She said to sell all my Mustang stuff and buy a Tesla Model S but I want a car I won't care about to hit the 401 traffic (hopefully not literally).

Anyway, I HATE going to the pumps. I feel like I shouldn't be doing this anymore in 2018 and spending near $500 a month to burn dead dinosaurs just doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm turning into a pinko liberal moron but whatever... The time I waste at the pumps, I could be ranting online LMAO.

Cheers y'all!

one day couple weeks ago in my work edge in the am, Empty $80 fill.

then had to do a delivery so jumped in the delivery truck, Empty $120 fill

then after supper took the young lad to beavers jumped in the wife's truck, Empty, $140 fill

not an up lifting thing

Mustang Occasionally
    I traded in my truck too. Loved it but I'm not paying $800/m for my commute. I will miss the times it came in handy but not at these prices (and what they may become).

I got a Ford EcoSport SES AWD with the 2.0L.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Just so tired of pumping gas? Not sure what wires got crossed in my brain again but the fact that I need to fill up my Edge at least once a week is bugging the crap out of me. I suspect the governments are dumping more ethanol into the mix rendering the fuel less effective and all the while charging more for it in taxes. I'm reaching a boiling point. Got rid of the F150 because I felt stupid driving a V8 4x4 truck on the highway but also HATE FWD cars and settled for an Edge. Now I'm learning to get over myself and just bite the bullet and buy a honda civic sized Hybrid like a Volt. Slowly convincing my wife because in the process I need to sell the Fusion so we can keep the SUV for bad weather and pull a small trailer. She said to sell all my Mustang stuff and buy a Tesla Model S but I want a car I won't care about to hit the 401 traffic (hopefully not literally).

Anyway, I HATE going to the pumps. I feel like I shouldn't be doing this anymore in 2018 and spending near $500 a month to burn dead dinosaurs just doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm turning into a pinko liberal moron but whatever... The time I waste at the pumps, I could be ranting online LMAO.

Cheers y'all!
    The Tesla is still a waste of money... to save gas the return would take years by then it'll most likely start breaking down and costing more. At least that's how I see it.

Maybe change driving habits and see if that helps. I started to drive my Camry like a grand pa since my last fill. No sudden acceleration, gradual. No hard breaking. Not letting rpm rise past 2k when accelerating etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

stangstevers
    I get 9.6L/100km on the highway in the Edge, at most I see 10.4 when not being super careful (12 if doing illegal driving lol). I'd say I'm pretty good at "hypermiling" but the tank is so small in the thing and I'm not seeing it as a "cost to commute" anymore, I think that's where my issue stems from. It's more of a tax than anything and I know the governments are into taxing to change behaviour and it's working for me. As for ROI, you're dead on. It will take years to break even. But betting on fuel prices to increase over time is a solid bet and will reduce the time for the ROI to happen.

As for Tesla, I agree. It's not about saving money or going "green". It's a status symbol, much like a used Audi R8 would be (roughly same cost). With a lease starting at 1200/month. You need to commute at least 200km /day for it to make "sense" and even then, there's no getting around the fact that a Bolt can do the same job for less than half the money.

Armen, that Escape looks killer! Those wheels look aftermarket.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Armen, that Escape looks killer! Those wheels look aftermarket.
    It's actually an EcoSport - based off the Fiesta. I drove an Escape too but the Ecosport seems to have a taller door frame and was easier for me to get in and out of. The wheels are standard on the SES package.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    one day couple weeks ago in my work edge in the am, Empty $80 fill.

then had to do a delivery so jumped in the delivery truck, Empty $120 fill

then after supper took the young lad to beavers jumped in the wife's truck, Empty, $140 fill

not an up lifting thing

But according to the Twat Waffle in Ottawa, it's "Exactly what Canadians want".

stangstevers
    LOL I heard that... He was talking about BC though, didn't they vote NDP... so I think he's not wrong about people wanting more taxes lol

My ram is pretty thirsty.. I’m lucky enough to work close to home so it’s not so bad. Fill up every 9-10 days when I’m just putting around the city. If I could get the same towing performance from a small suv I would think about switching it up.
    '88 LX

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    It's actually an EcoSport - based off the Fiesta. I drove an Escape too but the Ecosport seems to have a taller door frame and was easier for me to get in and out of. The wheels are standard on the SES package.
    Sorry, EcoSport. must have some pep... 2.0 EB in that should be fun. My wife's 1.5 (or 1.6) Fusion has some good pep to it.