Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else?

^^^better? or worse? than the Cube?
    -Don____________

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ^^^better? or worse? than the Cube?
    Headroom was excellent in the Cube and this is almost as good. Cube had rear side-swing hatch and so does the EcoSport (I find them convenient and less likely to smash my head).

I had to make the seats in the Cube more supportive and the suspension more firm. The EcoSport SES comes with slightly firmer tuned suspension and very comfortable and supportive seats. The SES gets a specific copper accent package that looks pretty cool and overall comes very nicely equipped - moonroof, heated seats, Sync 3 with Sync Connect (can lock/unlock/start car from Ford Connect App on phone) and ambient lighting. I also added the Cold Weather Pkg which gives you a heated steering wheel, floor liners and windshield wiper de-icer. The Cube interior was pretty basic.

I did some wheels/body stuff to the Cube to make it sportier. The SES package comes with the nice darked out 17" wheels and dark-out grille and headlight bezels. I think it looks really sharp, especially in black. The SES has the 6spd Select Shift auto with paddle shifters and zips along on the highway very nicely, whereas the Cube's manual transmission was pretty buzzy at higher speeds.

The EcoSport SES has a 166hp 2.0L and seems very peppy around town and at highway speeds. The Cube had 122hp and was what it was.

The Ecosport SES has standard automatic all wheel drive. The Cube didn't have that option.

The EcoSport sits a little higher and has really impressive ground clearance for the size of the vehicle. It's easy to get in and out of and overall is just a fun little SUV. Getting in and out of the Cube wasn't bad at all, but the EcoSport has a slightly higher seating position so it's a bit easier to get in and out of.

The Cube was a bit of an experiment. It was fun for a while and I don't regret trying it out. But the EcoSport is an all around better daily driver (and it should be, it's almost 10 model years newer) and so far, I'm really enjoying it.

Lol, I remember the write up of your Cube in the Star.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by 83 5.0 View Post
    Lol, I remember the write up of your Cube in the Star.

https://www.wheels.ca/news/budget-mo...t-nissan-cube/

Off my meds again
    If I had an extra $2200 kicking around, I'd pick this propane powered beauty up.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ltd/1354272036