Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Protecting Wires from Headers?

Protecting Wires from Headers?

Aftermarket coolant temperature gauge sensor for my 3V is located 3/4 way to the back of the block on the driver's side. I routed the sensor harness as far away from the American Racing Headers as I could minimum of 5" or so. Split loom covering is entirely burnt off or melted flat. Surprisingly the actual sensor wire covering looks unaffected by the heat.

What are you using with an ID of 1/4" or so to heat shield wiring?

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Not sure if it will fit your needs, but maybe this MM clutch cable heat shield? I have one for my clutch cable since I installed long tube headers...maybe try on your wires??

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Cl...2004-P505.aspx

Good idea as is spark plug boot protector.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Good idea as is spark plug boot protector.
    Rick spark plug boot protection did the trick with a search on Amazon. It turned up this which claims to be good to a continuous 1200F.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Nice find.

Ended up being a heat shield for brake lines when the package came, but it loos like it will do the trick. Both the coolant temperature harness and the transmission temperature harness were melted by proximity to the long tube headers. The coolant temp was be far the worst and I am starting to think now that it may have been the cause of the erratic gauge functioning.

New and old trans temp harness,

I'm starting to think I need to wrap my clutch cable with something... after long drives I feel like the clutch just doesn't act the same way vs. a cold start. Good thread.
    '88 LX