Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle safety

Vehicle safety

Anyone know where I can take a car to get safetied with a coil over suspension and aftermarket exhaust? Place I took it to wouldn't even bring it in to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by 1quikgt View Post
    Anyone know where I can take a car to get safetied with a coil over suspension and aftermarket exhaust? Place I took it to wouldn't even bring it in to the shop.
    Because of coil overs and a exhaust? Really?
    '88 LX

Shouldnt be an issue with the coilover itself.
    How's the ride height? When I sold my old notch with coilovers I had to jack up the suspension as there is a min for tire to fender clearance.
    As for the exhaust-no idea why they would care

I get the lowered part and may possibly have to raise it. Tires don't rub at all, they said the exhaust may fail because it's louder than stock lol.

Next place said if I raise it it "may" pass and he didn't care about the exhaust. I don't like the "may" part.

A friend got me hooked up with a place for tomorrow that said shouldn't be a problem the way it is. I may just pay him to raise it so he'll pass it so I'm not fucking around all weekend with it lol.

As long as the parts installed are equal or better than OEM it should pass. If the parts installed are sold by the manufacturer as race or offroad use only then they can fail them. Thats what I was told by the shop

Previous owner showed me the safety when he bought it last year and it passed so don't know why it would be different this time.

^Take it there then...all depends who’s signing it,

Quote Originally Posted by USAWIT2 View Post
    As long as the parts installed are equal or better than OEM it should pass. If the parts installed are sold by the manufacturer as race or offroad use only then they can fail them. Thats what I was told by the shop
    Suspension needs to be checked for proper travel, a bunch of rules changed a couple years ago.

If you have a copy of the old safety, try going back to same shop, if close by. I did and it worked.

If I remember the address correctly it’s not close unfortunately. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. They certified a lowered lancer on coilovers a couple weeks ago so fingers crossed.

Well she passed with only a couple minor issues that needed to be sorted out.