Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cargo Trailer Crackdown

I'm hoping thats a photo shopped joke.

Looks like a wheelie bar if you remove the trailer.
    -Don____________

What it should be towing.

I'm reading this thread thinking WTF Ont govt, licensed drivers are skilled / smart enough to tow a car trailer or similar without your interference but then I pass two car trailers yesterday. One, hooked to an mid size SUV with a full size 70s vehicle loaded on the trailer backwards. Second behind a standard cab 1/2 ton pickup with a similar size pickup also loaded on the trailer backwards. First tow vehicle had no business with a car trailer on the back let alone with a full size car on backwards. You sir are a complete and utter dumbass, endangering youself and everyone else on the road. Tower number two is no better, would be ok (ish) if the towed vehicle was loaded correctly but is also an accident looking for a place to happen with it on backwards.
    Are they too stupid to realize what looks like a gentle dip in the road could partially unload or even lift the rear wheels of the tow vehicle off the ground? Before someone replies they've done it a million times with no problems, please keep in mind, just because you got away with it does not make your actions safe. Attended more than one accident due to the above in my former towing days. In each case, driver shocked by his vehicle without warning changed direction and crashing.
    So as much as I despise govt interference, yes regulations are fine and dandy but there should be a training process and lic to drive around with several thousand pounds on the back of the family truckster.

Talking to Gary about this last night at it seems to be, at least at this time, a local thing. A new "sherif in town" with a background in traffic enforcement, and a city struggling to keep the lights on and you can surmise the rest.

It doesn't, if it was about safety, would include training and certification to tow larger trailers. As per the norm with govt and their initiatives, seldom if ever address the core problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Talking to Gary about this last night at it seems to be, at least at this time, a local thing. A new "sherif in town" with a background in traffic enforcement, and a city struggling to keep the lights on and you can surmise the rest.
    All it takes all the while we will continue to see vehicles with no head lights on when the law requires etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    It doesn't, if it was about safety, would include training and certification to tow larger trailers. As per the norm with govt and their initiatives, seldom if ever address the core problem.
    It already does IF the trailer is over 4600kg. Should that limit be lower? As someone with their AR who routinely tows a triaxle float with a bobcat yes, I believe that the limit should be significantly lower.

Be easier to have an opinion as to what (if anything) needs to be done if we had an understanding of how many are involved in some sort of an incident.