Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cargo Trailer Crackdown

Also if you towed with something like an expedition instead of an f150, the expedition would not need the sticker because its a passenger vehicle (yes I know trucks are as well)

Quote Originally Posted by dbovine View Post
    Also if you towed with something like an expedition instead of an f150, the expedition would not need the sticker because its a passenger vehicle (yes I know trucks are as well)
    Depends how it was plated, if it's got black plates it needs to abide by all the same rules, if its blue plates (that aren't that way because personalized) and titled as passenger then it's exempt. Believe the trailer is still stuck with the same regulations though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

And if the weight of your towed vehicle is over 4600kg you'll need your A. Not sure if that is actual weight or rating.

The AR test is actually not that bad, passed it first try and I hadn't done a driving test since 1997 when I got my G2 (moved to Alberta for a work term, used the system to avoid the test).

You guys are making it sound like it’s a “bad” thing to have 5 TON + vehicles tightly regulated, licenced, and inspected.

Think of the average driver driving a 3,000lb vehicle. Now think of that same driver but with 10,000 lbs.
    -Don____________

^ My workplace has a bulk landscape supply yard as part of its business. I've seen some "interesting" trailers. Turned a few away for sure.

Only seen one tent trailer with the tent removed to make a utility trailer though, but we do have one regular with a dodge towing a dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    You guys are making it sound like it’s a “bad” thing to have 5 TON + vehicles tightly regulated, licenced, and inspected.

Think of the average driver driving a 3,000lb vehicle. Now think of that same driver but with 10,000 lbs.
    They allow that already if it's an RV. Which is my problem. Most people towing for business or towing car/toy haulers have much more experience and skill with towing than the 60 year old retiree who hooks up his 38ft 15000lbs 5th wheel once a year. So why is it that is fine?

So to be legal, I have to certify both trailers yearly at $199.95 each plus certify my truck at $199.95. I also have to pay extra for my sticker and upgrade my license?? Stupid.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

Yes because it’s about safety not a tax grab.

Quote Originally Posted by MINT2000 View Post
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog.