why do they always have to change things that used to be super easy and make them so damn difficult

heading out camping tomorrow trying to finish up the air lift install on the new truck.

keep in mind I just pulled this same kit off the 2017 f150

I need a keyed 12v source. simple right do what I have always done, the exact same thing I did on the truck that was only a year older. pop the lid for the fuse panel, find an unpopulated slot that has a 12v ignition feed, stick the connector in and good to go. been doing this for years on all makes and models.

BUT NO, apparently for 2018 if it dosnt have a fuse in it they don't even bother to put the tabs In so if its not a factory option you cant plug into it.
go into the cab fuse box, all of the ones listed as spares are constant feed.

okay ill get a fuse tap. NOPE, only available in regular fuse and mini fuse. new truck uses damn MICRO fuses.

spent an hour dicking around with something that used to take literally 30 seconds with a test light or meter to do, and still no 12v switch source. which means my only option is to tap into a wire which is a giant PITA to find and really don't like doing on any car let alone a brand new lease.