Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GRRRRR new car makers

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    your not wrong. buts its still frustrating
    No doubt, complication when you anticipated ease is never a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    that's why I dislike them and tying into wires. altering feed or draws to electronics can cause all sorts of issues. far better to be designed so that if someone needs to tap into a switched feed, that they can tie into a spare in used feed.

I didn't pull the box apart but from what I can see with a flashlight threw the holes they aren't using a standard fuse box like the other truck.

it appears to be a computer board with fuse taps on it. so during production they only add the taps needed, so id guess not using the same board for everything. truck has a lot of options but not all of them.
    Very common, Ram does this as well and calls it the total integrated power module. Super cool but it sucks have to replace the whole fuse box when a $.05 fuse doesnt do it's job and a circuit fails. Went through that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Doing it with appliances as well.
    Whirlpools newer dishwasher. They put a fuse in the control board to protect the control from over current from a failed pump or heater.

But the fuse is not replaceable separate. So you have the replace the entire control anyway.
    Just makes you shake your head.

I got it wired up so it will work for the weekend and a micro2 tap on order.

Off we go.