Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  49
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: NDP ahead of PC's in Poll this morning!?

Club Supporter
    Dang, the timing on this dirty laundry isn't good.

Rob Ford’s widow sues Doug Ford over family business days before Ontario election

Former Toronto mayor Rob Ford’s widow and children are suing his brother, Ontario Progressive Conservative Leader Doug Ford, alleging that he was a negligent business manager who cost the late mayor’s family millions and deprived them of the money left behind to support them.

The lawsuit seeking $16.25-million in damages was filed in Superior Court on Friday and came to light on Monday, only three days before Ontarians vote in an election where most polls show Mr. Ford is expected to become the province’s next premier. The lawsuit from Renata Ford accuses her brother-in-law of financial impropriety, extravagant compensation and bad management at family-owned company Deco Labels & Tags Ltd. The statement of claim was posted online by the Toronto Star.

Ms. Ford, whose husband died of cancer in 2016, and her children are launching the action against Doug Ford and his brother Randy, both of whom have held executive roles at Deco. These allegations, which have not been tested in court, allege both brothers “lack the education and business ability to justify their employment as senior officers of Deco.”

Doug Ford, who has based much of his campaign for premier on his credentials as a successful businessman, denied the claims made by Ms. Ford.

“These claims relating to Deco are completely false and we will strongly refute them in court. I have also stood by my brother and his family through so many of their challenging times,” he wrote in a statement released by his campaign. “Renata’s lawyers have been clear to us throughout this campaign that either we hand over money, or they would go public with these false claims.”

The lawsuit claims Deco was worth $10-million when founder Douglas Ford Sr. died in 2006 and that the family patriarch amassed personal investments worth between $15-million and $20-million. The company is alleged to have lost more than $5-million over the past six years and Randy and Doug Ford are accused of an “ongoing liquidation of investments” to fund the company and their own interests, shrinking the family fortune to less than $6-million.

As a result, the lawsuit says that in recent years the brothers have sought to “maintain the untrue public appearance of a successful business enterprise.”

The lawsuit says Rob Ford’s widow and two children expected to be supported by their inheritance, one-third of the company’s shares and the late mayor’s life insurance, which had been left in the trusteeship of Doug Ford.

However, the lawsuit claims those shares were recently deemed worthless by a third-party valuation. Under Mr. Ford, and his brother Randy’s tenure, the company has been “so negligently and improperly mismanaged” as to destroy its value, the lawsuit says. Ms. Ford has said she has been unable to get a full accounting of her late husband’s estate.

Ms. Ford and her lawyers could not be reached on Monday for further comment. The Globe could not reach Randy Ford for comment.

The Tory campaign also released a statement from Mr. Ford’s mother, Diane Ford, who drew attention to Renata Ford’s history of substance abuse. Rob Ford’s substance abuse garnered international attention during his time as Toronto’s mayor and his wife has sought help for drug addiction in the past.

“It is heartbreaking that Renata has chosen to bring forward these false and baseless allegations against our family, right in the middle of the provincial election campaign,” wrote Diane Ford. “Renata has serious struggles with addiction, and our hope is that she will accept help for the sake of herself and my grandchildren.”

The label-making business, founded by Doug Ford Sr. in 1962, was no longer a profitable enterprise and has lost millions since Mr. Ford took over after the death of the family’s patriarch, the lawsuit claims.

Ms. Ford’s lawsuit alleges Deco lost more than $5.5-million over the past six years in Toronto and Chicago. It also alleges Doug Ford “committed the Deco companies to a series of ill-advised acquisitions” in New Jersey, Chicago and Ohio, “all of which ended in financial losses.”

The lawsuit also states: “After deciding to devote himself primarily to politics and other interests, Doug Ford nevertheless maintained his position as an officer and director of the Deco companies and arranged to continue to receive very extravagant compensation.”

Mr. Ford received his salary, bonus, travel and automobile allowance, regardless of the financial performance of the company, the suit alleges.

The lawsuit describes a company without a coherent business plan, where Mr. Ford and his brother have resisted hiring professional managers and have provided friends and family members with jobs they aren’t qualified to hold.

Mr. Ford put Rob Ford’s widow and his two children, who are preteens, “in a highly stressful and unfair financial position during their period of grief after Rob Ford’s death” and continued to do so for two years, the lawsuit said.

stangstevers
    She's an addict and this whole thing looks super fishy, just the right timing I'd say. "The lawsuit describes a company without a coherent business plan" - this is all about tarnishing Ford for the election. I wonder how much the c*nt got paid to do this...

But hey we have NDP candidates that quote hitler, that are practically holocaust deniers and spit on vets (the whole poppy thing), suggesting communism, etc... that doesn't make the alt-left news does it? lol Packed with anarchists and communists... people who vote for NDP should feel a lot of shame.

I honestly think that 90% of people supporting the NDP really have no clue, the amount of knowledge they have pretty much equals, "wow liberals, bad, Facebook says Ford is Trump and the media says Trump is racist. I guess I'm voting NDP" and they have ZERO knowledge of the platform or what NDP want to do or stand for. in my drives around the county for work I've seen business owners with ndp signs on their lawns. the ndp that say they are raising taxes on business. who knowingly votes themselves more taxes? I just cant wrap my head around it

the worst part I think is in my town and the towns surrounding it have not seen a single candidate, I realize we are small town, and don't expect the leaders to show up at my door, but I have not even seen a single one of out local incumbents

Complete and utter bullshit her lawsuit surfaced at such a convenient time, wonder who pulled those strings??? Politics n news media sicken me.

WTF
    seems one of the lawyers at the firm representing Renata Ford just made partner earlier this year

her name is - Fiona Brown

ahem...sister of former PC Ont Leader Patrick Brown

politics is really fucking dirty folks

Rob's widow is getting played here.....and she's apparently a real trainwreck (worse since Rob died)...booze, drugs, meds etc....and sounds like there's been some sort of official supervision of the kids......probably ever since she got the DUI last year

gonna be entertaining watching the holier-than-thou media defend the same woman they raked over the coals for years when her husband was alive

oh well....there's still a few days to go until the election....maybe Horwath's 26 year old trainwreck of a man-child can get arrested again...while we're watching this time

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    seems one of the lawyers at the firm representing Renata Ford just made partner earlier this year

her name is - Fiona Brown

ahem...sister of former PC Ont Leader Patrick Brown
    WWHHHHHAAAATTTT!!!????

https://www.airdberlis.com/people/bio/fiona-brown

The law firm handling the suit, Aird & Berlis, also employs former Tory leader Patrick Brown’s sister. Asked if she is connected to the lawsuit, Fiona Brown said “no, I don’t have any comment.”
    https://ipolitics.ca/2018/06/04/doug...h-16m-lawsuit/
    -Don____________

Fucking dirty SOBs the whole lot of em.

Club Supporter
    Was in the paper a few days ago

F056F452-76BD-4E26-9DFE-84AD87094D0F.jpeg

stangstevers
    Lol a house down the street replaced their NDP sign with PC... I live in a very conservative area...

Also the NDP social media is not very active, some of their guys have little to no followers.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Lol a house down the street replaced their NDP sign with PC... I live in a very conservative area...

Also the NDP social media is not very active, some of their guys have little to no followers.
    that's weird because any PC post is getting Hundreds and sometimes thousands of replies form NDP lovers spewing scare tactics, wonder if they are paid to do that