Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone here gone back to stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ^ Should be a slam dunk to tune.
    With current set up / tune etc, has it ever run correctly?
    Sorta/kinda? Never gotten over 200km to a tank since blower, always had some form of hiccup to chase.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Competent tuner or can'd tune?

Have run both. Never had it dyno tuned by a shop however.

My 02,

Vehicle 1 with canned start up tune, fires right up and runs like a rock star until we hit the dyno. Vehicle II with same mods and same canned tune, blows clouds of black smoke out the tail pipes n requires significant adjustments to make it run even half decently. Why it happens, who knows but can tell you for a fact it happens more vs what some peeps think. My point, canned tune is just that, a tune that works on some but may be a nightmare on others. Whipple on a Cobra with 60lb injectors and supporting mods is a super super super common combination, have the seen the above happen on several occasions. In the same breath, recently did two similar blower fox combos, both ran like a champ on same base set up.
    If it was mine, confirm everything is working as it should then have a competent tuner strap it on the rollers to see if the issues can be ironed out.

Threads like this one make me wonder.. do I go balls deep with my fox... or will a simple h/c/i make me happy? Who knows... I need my own place to own both a newish coyote and the fox to tinker with. Good luck figuring your car out.. I bet a trip to Ricks would make life easier.
    '88 LX

Heads / cam and intake is a pretty stout upgrade over stock.

So I’ve heard
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    So I’ve heard
    Keep hearing the same thing...
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    My 02,

Vehicle 1 with canned start up tune, fires right up and runs like a rock star until we hit the dyno. Vehicle II with same mods and same canned tune, blows clouds of black smoke out the tail pipes n requires significant adjustments to make it run even half decently. Why it happens, who knows but can tell you for a fact it happens more vs what some peeps think. My point, canned tune is just that, a tune that works on some but may be a nightmare on others. Whipple on a Cobra with 60lb injectors and supporting mods is a super super super common combination, have the seen the above happen on several occasions. In the same breath, recently did two similar blower fox combos, both ran like a champ on same base set up.
    If it was mine, confirm everything is working as it should then have a competent tuner strap it on the rollers to see if the issues can be ironed out.
    Ya, it's just hard to confirm that everything is working when I'm not sure if the issues are parts or tune problems. My current thought is swap the current in tank setup out for a BBK all in one 300lph pump as my basket/wiring are uh interesting? Mostly fuel system related at this point, then I get caught in the loop of should I add a front mount cooler prior to tuning, should I be swapping to a catted mid pipe, etc etc. Not trying to talk circles, I really do appreciate the advice as this has been gnawing at me for a long time.

Lidia should be able to tune that bitch in his sleep dude......just across the water too.