Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Car insurance and location, location, location...

Car insurance and location, location, location...

Not surprised, but still a kick in the teeth.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...onto-1.4673094

there is also a difference in personal as compared to company insurance to,for example when I insured my Focus on my personal ins it was like a $1,000.00 a year moved it over to my company insurance and it jumped upto $2,000.00.Figure that out,same car,same guy driving it,same mile usage!!

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

Off my meds again
    Insurance is a legalized scam.

Sure we need it, but damn. My insurance has jumped $400 over 2 years, nothing has changed and zero tickets/accidents. And to make matters worse, I'm paying that and getting LESS coverage.

My insurance dropped by $800 a year when I moved to Ajax from Scar , (the same area where Rick is), allot of high end cars and people driving them that have no business being on the road !

When I moved from Bayview and 401 to Kennedy and Sheppard, if I recall correctly, insurance went up 30%.

Insurance jumped 20% moving from stclair/duff to keele/lawrence.
    '88 LX

Funny how this was conveniently overlooked. Shop owner has a right to be totally pissed and take the ins co to task, hope he wins.

In Licursi's case, Aviva claims he overcharged about $360 on a $2,440 repair. Licursi counters that an Aviva appraiser inspected the damaged car at his body shop before any work commenced. The repairs and costs were exactly what Aviva had authorized, he says.

Love to see similar vid but from the body shops perspective. One where it reveals how many times they are pushed into fixing / butchering a repair because thats how the ins co wants it done + all they are willing to spend OR the heavy handed tactics used to see owners move vehicles to other / preferred shops OR the same shiat that goes on at the ins counter inside accident reporting centers, yes even with police officers at the opposite corner. Last time I got bumped into, had to literally tell pushy prick at the ins counter to go fuck himself, I will not use the body shop he claimed I was obligated to.

The rates in Toronto are crazy. After my accident and a few speeding tickets my rate jumped to $750 a month and no insurance company would touch me. My sister lived in Newmarket. So I "moved" to newmarket and it dropped to $450 a month. Still high, but I was high risk. When I moved to Ajax it dropped another $150 a month. I am no longer high risk, but if I lived in Toronto I'd be paying through the nose.

Location really matters. My father own property in Sudbury and his insurance for his fleet of trucks is yearly what I paid in Toronto monthly

I should have "moved" there lol
    Joel,