Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E test fail

rioredsvt

E test fail

I have a 99 cobra with basic bolt ons, magnaflow catback,x pipe k&n Have a older sct tuner (livewire9600) and forgot about the tune in the car when I parked the car last fall , had the tune in the car about 15 years and always passed the sniff test, but now the test is done by obd, needed my sticker so took it for a etest and of course it failed. went home loaded the stock tune drove 300 Klm's,test again and failed. Looked at the print out and discovered I had some major issues with the pcm
    Connected wpm

mil status retrieved.
    Readiness retrieved. Heated oxygen sensor: not supported.
    Egr flow: not supported
    Mil statusff
    DTC,s retrieved.
    Readiness.
    Engine misfire:not supported.
    Fuel system:ready.
    Comprehensive components:ready.
    Catalytic converter:not supported.
    Heated catalyst:not supported.
    Evapsystem:not supported.
    Secondary air system:not supported.
    A/c refrigerant: not supported
    Oxygen sensor: not supported

Now I am thinking that somehow my stock file is corrupted, called discovery Ford ,they think they can reprogram the pcm but no promises, so my question is it possible to get a tuner (dasilva) to write a tune that will pass etest, get discovery Ford to try their luck, or is it time to hunt for a new pcm

By the looks of your results your original tune shut off many readiness monitors. My cars results looked like that when it had all monitors shut off in an attempt to fool the OBD test (bad bad idea). Since you went back to stock perhaps there is a problem reverted to stock with your handheld, or is there a multi position switch tune present on the car?

Also, it looks like DTC were present during the run. That's an auto fail I believe, any idea what those DTCs were?

To answer your question, a tuner like DaSilvas can absolutely write a tune that has all factory monitors turned on and provided those components are present and working you will pass the test just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

rioredsvt
    Thank you for your feedback

What mods does it have?
    With stock tune in, what comes up?
    In cooler weather, can be a pain to get EVAP and 02 sensors to go ready on some Mustangs.

Had same problem. Got re tuned by Diago and passed with 91 octane tune on sniffer test. Let them know that you had one fail and you should be able to have a sniffer test done. but if I were you I would have it retuned first. Do you have cats,and are your o2 sensors turned on.

rioredsvt
    The has just basic bolt ones as noted in my first thread, the car runs and was at track day, the theft light goes off as soon as the car is started, so I am thinking no pats issue if that helps at all Rick

So above results are after you loaded stock tune? If so, suspect it did not load back up, worth trying again to be sure you did it correctly.

rioredsvt
    That pcm was programmed back to stock file with the older tuner 9600 sct and that was the read out with Frankie,s obd reader, as I suspect the stock file is corrupt ...so my options?

rioredsvt
    Tried to load about four times from canned tune to stock back forth ,was thinking same as you but no luck read outs the every time

If loaded correctly, yes stock file is fubar in the tuner itself and won't transfer.
    Since you have basic bolt ons plus long tubes, suggest retune. Not taking advantage of the bolt ons / headers without so not a waste.