Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression - a couple high profile suicides this week. RIP

Club Supporter

Depression - a couple high profile suicides this week. RIP

Both fairly young....RIP. It appears both had their fights with depression (and for Bourdain, he was just coming off a spat with "Newfies").

Anthony Bourdain
    Kate Spade

Obviously I had heard of both of those names, but I had never actually sat down and watched one of Bourdain's shows up until last weekend. Weird coincidence.
    -Don____________

Professional help is ridiculously difficult to access in this province. All too often even family doc will not play it forward n just tell you to suck it up.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Obviously I had heard of both of those names, but I had never actually sat down and watched one of Bourdain's shows up until last weekend. Weird coincidence.
    I don't know much about his career as a top chef but I have heard of him over the past couple decades and started watching the show last year from a foodie/culture perspective (eg. Tuesday I mentioned the French island off the coast of NFLD - I didn't know about that before his recent NFLD show...I guess you can learn things from TV).

Kate Spade was on a couple podcasts recently about the business/brand she built, selling it, and starting/building another company/brand. Didn't know much about her before that but surprised about this given her tenacity in building the Kate Spade brand.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    (eg. Tuesday I mentioned the French island off the coast of NFLD - I didn't know about that before his recent NFLD show...I guess you can learn things from TV).
    Yet you still can't remember their names, LOL.

Saint Pierre and Miquelon
    -Don____________

Club Supporter

LOL yeah - I know where they are relative to NFLD and how to get there but I cannot remember their names. Thanks for the reminder...it'll stick eventually!

My Dad was born on Miquelon and we still have relatives that live there. Growing up in NL we used to visit a couple of times a year.

A unique place to visit for sure if you ever get the chance. Al Capone once had a base of operations there during prohibition and it was rumored that someone took a shot at him while visiting.
    The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.

Leonardo da Vinci

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    My Dad was born on Miquelon and we still have relatives that live there. Growing up in NL we used to visit a couple of times a year.

A unique place to visit for sure if you ever get the chance. Al Capone once had a base of operations there during prohibition and it was rumored that someone took a shot at him while visiting.
    Now that I am aware of these islands after Bourdain's show I will add them to my itinerary as a side trip when we visit NFLD.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 06-08-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Loved
    Bourdain's
    shows. Been watching them for a long time.

RIP
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

my comment is that i refuse to comment on this because my views will cause a shiat storm as always....lol. but RIP none the less.