Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depression - a couple high profile suicides this week. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ALLKHEINZ View Post
    my comment is that i refuse to comment on this because my views will cause a shiat storm as always....lol. but RIP none the less.
    I think I'm with you.

Hard to believe that people you think have it made, have their struggles.
    Enjoyed Bourdains show when I got a chance to watch it.
    Kate spade my wife and daughter were very familiar with.

Off my meds again
    Depression is an awful thing to deal with.

Ya it’s faked up , things /events in life can lead to spirals....so wouldn’t be quick to judge and the “suck it up” is bs .

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Depression is a biological response to scarcity. When prey/food was unavailable/scarce it made biologic sense to hunker down in the back of the cave and go into power save mode. Heading out of the cave when the storm crisis passed (physical activity) was most likely to reverse the condition.

While anti depressants have their place I think forcing yourself into physical activity has the best shot of recovery. Of course this is the last time you feel like doing so.

Who hasn't had a low spot in their life? I sure have. Life is an ebb and flow.

I'd force myself into physical activity, but I'd be trading one type of pain for another.

That and interacting with the people in my Shit Hole city is not something I care to do.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Depression is a biological response to scarcity. When prey/food was unavailable/scarce it made biologic sense to hunker down in the back of the cave and go into power save mode. Heading out of the cave when the storm crisis passed (physical activity) was most likely to reverse the condition.

While anti depressants have their place I think forcing yourself into physical activity has the best shot of recovery. Of course this is the last time you feel like doing so.

Who hasn't had a low spot in their life? I sure have. Life is an ebb and flow.
    Does that mean athletes who engage in a lot of physical activity by default do not suffer from depression? Some of us have different cholesterol or insulin levels (assuming that aspect of science is accepted) so it's not unusual that we also have different chemical imbalances in other areas from person to person that can have additional leverage on high's/lows.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 06-11-2018 at 10:10 AM.