Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgoing on Purchases from U.S. Manufactors

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    For a "business man" he certainly doesn't seem to have a clue about how global trade works. He thinks he is "making America strong!", but he's just isolating them out of the global market. The world will go on, they will make other trading partners, USA will be shut out of future "deals".
    Tried to explain that to someone on the weekend. He's a hotelier/property developer in one of the most desired cities on earth. He seems to subscribe to the "if you build it, they will pay you" mentality. Might work in those industries but dealing with global economies is another ball game. Not trying to downplay any abilities in those industries but to me this is like expecting a journeyman professional baseball player to be the star of the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

stangstevers
    Trump is no idiot, so I'm curious as to what his true motives are (outside of ego). I know he was elected for the working class or so was "marketed" as such... Or simply he got lucky because he's "Not Hillary".

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Trump is no idiot,
    He's no genius either,
    -Don____________

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    There’s an excellent excerpt from Maxim Berniers book available free online. He discusses suppply management of the dairy industry. If Trudeau was smart he could use trump as his excuse to dismantle this political hot potato and end the trade was without a shot fired. Worth a read. I’ll look for a link.
    Trudeau is trying to use Trump to make himself look like the Babyface in all this...

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    This trade war could be a canny move by Trudeau. he can blame his dismal economic record on it come election time
    Yes, this can actually help him in the polls with a sympathy play as well as pointing to the trade war depending on economic impact (even it the $ impact is delayed he is already playing the sympathy card to garner support internally).

stangstevers
    I fucking miss Harper... Wish people who voted for trudeau could pay a special tax.