Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: did i get hosed?

did i get hosed?

picked up a pare of mufflers a while back for a project that got changed

they are 3013 boss 302 mufflers. don't remember exactly what I paid for them and posted them back for sale probably asking too much but figured shoot high and accept a lowball.
    had some peole asking but no solid hits, then i got a msg from a guy saying " just want to let you know that the Boss 302 used the exact same muffler as the GT and is not an upgrade". he said thye sell for 100 bucks a pair on the forums all the time.

just wanted to be sure did i get hosed? it wouldnt be the first time i was cotacted via kijiji to have someone tell me what ims seiil is garbage with teh hopes ill let them have it cheap

Hopefully FastEd will see this and offer his expertise.

I thought they were the same as well, Boss used the side cutouts for more sound, can’t say for sure but I bet Armen knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I thought they were the same as well, Boss used the side cutouts for more sound, can’t say for sure but I bet Armen knows.
    That was my impression as well.
    FABMAN

Mustang Occasionally
    I never touched the exhaust on the Boss other than making sure the side outlet plates had been removed for best sound. I think you'd have to compare part numbers, if possible still.

Wikipedia...

The quad exhaust system made up of two standard Mustang GT outlets and two side pipes that exit on either side of the rear crossover. The side pipes send the exhaust through metal "Attenuation" discs to create an extra growling exhaust sound. The discs are removable and include a spacer plate sized to match aftermarket exhaust dump valves.

well balls. jumped at them cus I was in the area when I saw them. didn't take the time I usually do to research what they were

The boss 302, GT and V6 all have different part numbers for the mufflers. That doesn't mean the mufflers are different internally it could just be the Tips are different. Pretty hard to know for sure. I thought I read somewhere that the Boss used V-6 Mufflers with different tips.

Check the part numbers here. https://www.eastgatefordpartscanada.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

they are 3013 boss 302 mufflers.
    I'd say you got hosed, lol.

The mufflers are the same as GT,from what Ive seen ,heard and read.The tips are different but internals the same
    GHIG