Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Anyone running kenne bell blowzilla?

Anyone running kenne bell blowzilla?

Finally about to install the supercharger today. I have be instructions that come with the kenne bell but some parts are vague or unclear. Specifically in regards to routing the vacuum/boost lines.

My understanding is that the fuel pressure regulator needs a line coming from the BOOST side in order to prevent a lean condition.
    But as for the rest of the vacuum lines I am unsure

Can Anyone help out with pictures or information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You try contacting KB for an inst. manual?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    You try contacting KB for an inst. manual?

I have the instruction manual but the diagram looks like it was hand drawn by a dyslexic child lol

I don’t have one, but what kind of regulator are you running? Any I’ve seen run off vacuum, not boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I don’t have one, but what kind of regulator are you running? Any I’ve seen run off vacuum, not boost.
    I am running the factory fpr at the moment. This is why I am confused

Pushrod Motor (5.0/5.8L) Kenne-Bell Supercharger Tips
    The following tips are derived from our knowledge of Kenne Bell Superchargers on ’94-95 Mustangs

If you are going to be running your kenne bell supercharger without an FMU (They call it an FMB) you absolutely, positively must hook up the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) vacuum port to the boost side of the blower. Use plain old vacuum tubing, but use small hose clamps to hold it on. What happens is under boost, the fuel injectors, which are normally firing into a vacuum, have to fire into a positive atmosphere. Consequently, the car will go lean at the top end-a recipe for disaster. Doing it this way is known as ‘boost referencing’ you do not need any special kind of regulator to do this. When you do this the FPR will ‘see’ the boost and increase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s possible, must just push the vacuum diaphragm the other way.....makes sense I guess.

You'll pretty much need to connect to a manifold vaccum port that's in the intake after the compressor (below). It will see both vacuum and boost pressure this way. I think they are trying to specify that it needs to see boost otherwise if someone put it pre compressor (after the throttle body but before the compressor) it would always see vacuum and wouldn't raise fuel pressure to offset the increased pressure in the intake after the air us compressed (boost).

Pretty much all the hook ups will be after the compressor. I'm sure that there aren't many connections, if any, made before the compressor itself.