Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Wheel Alignment and Pinion Angle Finally Resolved

Wheel Alignment and Pinion Angle Finally Resolved

Ever since I installed my lower MM control arms, I've had a whine from the drive shaft whenever I get off the gas.
    I figured I messed with the pinion angle.
    I finally picked up a set of Steeda double adjustable uppers, and changed out the rear upper bushings on the diff while I was at it.
    The final step was to get an alignment since every component of the suspension has been changed:

Steeda full length welded SFC's
    Bilstein shocks and struts
    Roush springs
    MM CC plates
    MM adjustable rear LCA's
    Steeda double adjustable UCA's

and fix pinion angle at the same time.

After a conversation on the phone, I took the day off work and booked an appointment with a reputable shop.
    Once at the shop, this guy had no recollection of our conversation, didn't remember any of the mods I did, couldn't fix the pinion issue, and didn't want to do the alignment.
    A wasted day basically!
    I phoned another shop that apparently does alignments on a lot of high end cars, but the guy on the phone couldn't help once I mentioned the pinion angle issue, and told me he would get back in touch with me.
    Never heard back.
    I then reached out to Scott at Can Alignment and left a voicemail.
    It took a couple of phone calls to finally get in touch with him last week, and of course he's booking well into August now, BUT, it was my lucky day, and he had a cancellation for the following Monday (yesterday) if I could make it. I made sure I could make it!

Scott was done his work in less than hour; car tracks straight, no whine anymore from the DS, and the steering wheel is straight.

I cannot say it enough about how happy I am with the car now, and the service was amazing.

So in short (not really), I would recommend Can Alignment.

Scott Murfin does great work for sure. Very knowledgeable on proper setup ... glad to hear that he got it sorted.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I travel several hours to have Scott do alignments on my cars, always happy when I leave.

Nice! How do you like the setup and how harsh does it feel vs. stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Nice! How do you like the setup and how harsh does it feel vs. stock?
    Sorry, only saw this now.
    The car rides and handles great.
    No more whine.
    It's a little low now with the longtubes, but oh well.
    I still want to bring the front down 1/2", so in the spring i will try shorter end links, or just cut half a coil off the front springs.
    If I had the money, it would be MM coil overs.

Coilover conversion for your Bilsteins is priced pretty decent from Maximum. Add in a pair of MM lower arms = whole other level of happy with your ride. Crazy part, along with much improved handling and overall feel, it'll actually ride better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Coilover conversion for your Bilsteins is priced pretty decent from Maximum. Add in a pair of MM lower arms = whole other level of happy with your ride. Crazy part, along with much improved handling and overall feel, it'll actually ride better.
    Rick, MM lower arms for the front?

Work very well, yes even with stock K member but do require coil overs. I see you already have MM CC plates so good to go on the top end for c/o conversion.