Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need wheel & tire advice. Looking for street setup with some autocross.

wildswing
    Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    You may want to also take a look at LMR for rims and tires. Good service, decent quality and usually wheels are designed for your car and reasonable pricing (but in US dollars).
    Thanks for the hint. Buying from the US is a definite possibility since I live in the Soo. I get stuff from eBay, Amazon, etc., shipped to Sault Ste Marie, Michigan all the time. There's even a Tire Rack service center there.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    If you go that way, careful on what you pick for tires. Sometimes they have some pretty mediocre performing stuff packaged with the wheels to be able to offer them at an attractive price. Many of them would be fine for street use, but a disappointment when pushed in an auto-x.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

wildswing
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post
    If you go that way, careful on what you pick for tires. Sometimes they have some pretty mediocre performing stuff packaged with the wheels to be able to offer them at an attractive price. Many of them would be fine for street use, but a disappointment when pushed in an auto-x.
    Thanks for the heads up. I figured as much, so was already planning on buying wheels and tires separately. Tire selection so far has been whittled down to Mickey Thompson Street Comp, or Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. I've heard a lot of good things about the Firestone and their prices are the best.

A group of us from the Soo are going to the Mackinaw City Mustang Show in a couple weeks. I'm sure there'll be lots of S197s there with different wheel/tire combinations to get ideas from.

Club Supporter
    Parkway Ford has very competitive pricing on tires. I am very pleased with the wheel and tire combo Ed set me up with for my CTS wagon. I also bought my track day tires from him. I don’t think that I could have done better for the money.
    My 2 cents.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/g...ationFlag=true

Not my ad nor do I know the seller.
    Last edited by 1BAD92LX; 07-09-2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added text
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

wildswing
    Quote Originally Posted by RAT ATK View Post
    Parkway Ford has very competitive pricing on tires. I am very pleased with the wheel and tire combo Ed set me up with for my CTS wagon. I also bought my track day tires from him. I don’t think that I could have done better for the money.
    My 2 cents.
    I appreciate the bump for Parkway. I don't doubt their competitive pricing. Unfortunately, I'm 8 hours away, measured either through Canada or the US.

wildswing
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/g...ationFlag=true

Not my ad nor do I know the seller.
    10-4. Thanks for the link. I'm 8 hrs away. Shipping costs in Canada are nuts. My guess is it would cost me $150 to $200 get those to me. I'll contact the seller tonight. Thanks again.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Agreed, would love to fix you up with a package, but shipping costs put a dent in our competitiveness for pricing.

My vote is for the Firestones … as I've said on here before, I strongly believe that they are currently the best value for a budget-friendly high performance tire. Great traction, great price.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    I have the Firestone’s - so far not disappointed one bit. I’d pick up a second set right now if I had some spare $$
    - great bang for your buck if u going through multiple sets of tires anyway-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver