Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Washers.

Power Washers.

What brand of power washers do you guys use? I am in the market to purchase one but I want to get electric and must be compact as space is limited for me.

I was looking into a Kranzle power washer and they are priced like a Rolls Royce. Insane! I would only use it once or twice a month depending on how dirty my car would get but this is just wow...https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...anzle-k1123tst

Picture for what I was referring to. Yes, Obsessed Garage guy is nuts! He is boring as hell but he is anal.

kranzle power washer.jpg

V6416
    I've been using a canadian tire special 'Sundance' 1800psi electric thing. Paid 100 bucks, and gives me exactly what I need for washing the car. It's just a rebranded simonoiz I believe because the manual had that name all over it.

HI Lawrence, I have a Karcher pressure washer and its been OK. Problem is that the seals will eventually wear/fade and then they don't work as effectively. My experience is that the gas pressure washers are built far more robust and can deal with sitting dormant over the winter better than the electric models.
    FABMAN

OG is crazy nice stuff but a part of me wonders how much is diminishing returns and gimmicky appearances. Also Matt is very dedicated but I find a lot of his new stuff to hard to watch, he needs to script more and condense, like Larry from Ammo.

Per your original questions, everything we run at work has a Honda Engine and OEM pump (Simpson is the one brand, Karcher is another).

Avoid the B.E. branded stuff from Princess Auto, the pumps on those are made by a company called AR. The pumps are made in Italy and parts are expensive and hard to get in our experience and they seem to be temperamental at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I have a year old Karcher I would sell to you cheap as I bought a larger unit last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I had a 1600psi Karcher many years ago, worked fine, sold it. Thought I needed a gas unit (more of a want), love gas powered equipment. Bought a 2600psi Briggs & Strat unit, worked great, but hated using it. Too much noise, storage issues, couldn't use it in the winter for washing the vehicles, hard to start. Ended up selling it. Went back to electric, got a great deal on a 2000psi Ryobi unit, 3 year warranty. It's not a high end washer, but is perfectly fine for the 10 times a year I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    I had a 1600psi Karcher many years ago, worked fine, sold it. Thought I needed a gas unit (more of a want), love gas powered equipment. Bought a 2600psi Briggs & Strat unit, worked great, but hated using it. Too much noise, storage issues, couldn't use it in the winter for washing the vehicles, hard to start. Ended up selling it. Went back to electric, got a great deal on a 2000psi Ryobi unit, 3 year warranty. It's not a high end washer, but is perfectly fine for the 10 times a year I use it.
    Do you store it in a heated room during the winter or just let it sit in the garage?
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Do you store it in a heated room during the winter or just let it sit in the garage?
    After every usage I drain the pump and store it in the basement all year round. I have a walk up from the basement to the garage, which is very handy.

Have a Karcher (3 or 4 yrs. now) and it's been a good unit so far.

I prefer to use DIY powerwasher or use two buckets car washing method.