Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Oil coolers...

Oil coolers...

Who has one and what kind is it? Need something to help keep the engine temps under control on stupid hot days when Ol Paint is out playing at the track.

I’m running the MM kit with Mocal oil cooler and thermostatic oil filter plate.

-Don____________

I was looking forward to seeing more posts on this.....
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

B&M super cooler with Spal fan.
    Fan controller is built in and cycles fan off n on at 180deg. Added a relay to keep fan load off the switch which has proven dead nuts reliable thus far.
    How well does it work, at Mosport in the heat, highest temp seen was 220, bulk of the time it hovered in the 217 / 218 range.
    Mounted in drivers side inner fender on similar angle to Don's, pull LH fog light for track day.

I’ve been doing some homework to try and find a suitable cooler. The ones from Setrab seem promising. Need to get Ol Paint down to Dr. ZR to do some exploratory surgery to see where the cooler can be mounted.

Same construction type comes in a trans cooler. Very efficient plus extremely durable. Sold under several mfgs including B&M plus Canadian Tire.

Not sure how much that might impact fluid flow, perhaps a larger single cooler with a fan?

I bought this B&M Supper Cooler years ago for the 5R55S but have never installed it. Not that I beat on my car often but the transmission temperature with the deep pan is around 170 on the hottest days.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!