Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Is your car tuned?

Is your car tuned?

I’ve had guys ask me if my car was tuned because of how nicely it runs. I bought my car as a resale from a dealer in 2012 (2009 Mustang GT). They never mentioned a tune and I didn’t receivd a tuner. I’ve been running regular fuel with no issues aside from a very rare rattle through 4000 rpm under high power. I tried running a higher octane fuel through the engine just in case it was a fuel issue but there was no change. I assumed the rattle was just something I couldn’t find.
    I brought my car into Ford for an airbag recall recently and asked them to reset the speedometer because it has always been out by 5 km/h. I get a call later that day from the dealer later that day and they asked me if I tuned the car to which I answered no. They said they couldn’t reset the speedo because there is an existing tune. They would have to reset the computer back to stock if I wanted the change. “NO THANK YOU!” I replied.
    I had an engine light come on recently even though the car runs the same (great). I assumed it was just a sensor. Decided to run Ultra 94 from PetroCanada. Within a hundred km the engine light went out and under heavy power I’ve yet to hear a rattle.
    The point: get the dealer to check for a tune before you purchase. Thankfully I never experienced any problems but could have.

Any ideas as to why the engine light went out after running 94.

Light may have went out unrelated to the fuel, tough to say without knowing the code.

It’s a possibility but it was on for a while and the fuel type was the only factor that changed. Maybe the light burned out.

Toss a code reader on and see if there are any stored codes.