Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inquiry into Liberal spending.........now this is gonna get good.

Inquiry into Liberal spending.........now this is gonna get good.

Ontario's new Progressive Conservative government is expected to announce details today of an inquiry into the previous Liberal government's spending.
    The Canadian Press has learned that Premier Doug Ford will announce the Commission of Inquiry that will look at the provincial deficit and come up with ways to address it.
    Ford is expected to name the person who will head the three-member panel.

He is also expected today to issue a request for proposals for a value-for-money audit of the government books.
    The premier pledged that the commission of inquiry would build on the work of the province's auditor general, who has been critical of government accounting standards that she said understate its deficits by billions.
    Ford will make the announcements this afternoon with Finance Minister Vic Fedeli and Treasury Board President Peter Bethlenfalvy.

It can't hurt.

Glad to see it happening, just like the unenforceable scalping law they put on the books but had no funding or structure to enforce it, the Liberals were what they call in Alberta All Hat No Cattle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wishful thinking but someone needs to go to jail for it.
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

The auditor general already exposed the Liberal lies (over spending), so not sure what Ford thinks he's going to gain by doing this additional audit? Doesn't trust the Auditor General? She was very critical of the Liberals. Maybe Ford thinks there's more to be revealed. Heard they are going to spend about $1M to find out. Hope it proves worthy.....otherwise, yet another waste of taxpayer $$.

stangstevers
    I guess he thinks there’s another set of books the AG never had access to. But Wynne isn’t stupid and knows how to delete things.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I guess he thinks there’s another set of books the AG never had access to. But Wynne isn’t stupid and knows how to delete things.
    yeah I imagine once the libs realized it was over it was full on wipe mode. clear erase and eliminate as much as possable

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    yeah I imagine once the libs realized it was over it was full on wipe mode. clear erase and eliminate as much as possable
    Been there, done that.

My bet, more debt than we can even imagine has been buried.

stangstevers
    The thing is they are professional scammers, imagine 15 years of the same people in charge... Plenty of time to hide things, plenty of opportunities to pocket tax payer money. The whole "green" plan which started with mcGuilty lined a lot of people's pockets. The liberals were extremely desperate to win another election and there was a lot more than simply "staying in power" at stake here.

You can bet your ass they worked 24/7 near the end to remove any evidence of wrong-doing especially since Ford campaigned on having an investigation. I don't think it's worth the money as the likelihood of anyone going to jail over it is next to null. As much as I hate wynne/mcguinty, they are not idiots. I think it should just be "move forward". I'm guessing this is a political play or more of a "blame game" as there's no chance in hell to balance the books (even by a governments definition which is far from the actual financial term lol).

"we can't balance - there's an extra 10 billion not accounted for" or "we need to cut services because..."