Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Takin an axe to Bell.............

Cool Takin an axe to Bell.............

A long-time Bell customer, frustrated with the telecommunications company, used an axe to smash a modem this week in front of one of the company’s stores.
    Jeremy Parsons of Burlington told Global News his actions this week followed months of efforts to receive service improvements, and came after dozens of phone calls aimed at getting help with what he regards as sub-standard service.
    “Bell Canada, for a communications company you are a failure,” said Parsons in a video posted to Facebook.

“I can’t get you on the phone, you don’t respond on social media,” Parsons explained on the video, holding an axe in his right hand.
    Moments after the pronouncement, Parsons raised the axe above his head and struck the modem hard three times, smashing it.
    READ MORE: If you had a bad sales experience with Canada’s telecoms, the CRTC wants to know
    At the end of the video, Parsons exclaimed, “that’s it, your service sucks!”
    Parsons told Global News he was trying to make a point: he said the company had not lived up to promises to deliver the fastest high-speed internet service. Nor, he says, has Bell been responsive to his hours of efforts to get his service at home improved.
    Parsons says at times, his service would not work at all.
    “I spoke to 14 (Bell) people and lost connections with them three times in three hours,” said Parsons, citing one example of how difficult it was to get the problem resolved.
    He added that he frequently called Bell representatives while stuck in traffic and, at other times, called the company to get help.
    Parsons said on other occasions he was promised that a Bell supervisor would call him back, or was given assurances someone at the company would fix the problem with his internet connection.
    At all times, Parsons — who works in the hospitality business, he says, and depends on his Internet service for his livelihood — says Bell let him down.
    READ MORE: Canada offers computers, $10 internet plans to low-income families — but critics say some are left out
    Bell Canada, in contrast, claims it supported Parsons properly.
    “Our tech support team has assisted Mr. Parsons on numerous occasions with questions about his internet service and have visited his residence several times to offer assistance. We’ve tested the modem speed at Mr. Parsons’ home, and he is receiving the best service currently available in his area,” said Nathan Gibson, Bell’s spokesperson in Toronto.
    “We will contact Mr. Parsons to discuss any other solutions that may be available,” Gibson said.
    While employees appeared ambivalent when the modem was smashed, Parsons says other customers came out and shook his hand. Parsons says they expressed sympathetic views about Bell’s service, or what he called the lack of it.
    “People said, I wish I’d done that.”

Betting a whole buncha peeps here can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Betting a whole buncha peeps here can relate.
    This.

Not defending Bell at all, but I'm guessing Parson is (isn't?) a joy to talk to on the phone.

-Don____________

When speaking to Bell, uber polite or not, common practice for the line to suddenly go dead with no call back. When you finally reach someone else, seldom if ever is there a record of the previous call. Most common after multiple calls to fix the same problem they can't seem to figure out.

stangstevers
    I wish a federal politician would have the balls one day to dismantle the CRTC and break up the telecom companies in Canada and allow for some sort of class-action lawsuit against them screwing us over for so long. I bet the first thing a PM gets is a big fat check from the big 3 companies to not touch their sweet setup.

I've had several issues with them. But in Halton (I am in Burlington as well like this guy) the only other option really is Cogeco and their pricing is out to lunch.
    I hate to say it but I miss having Rogers from when I was in Mississauga. Service was pretty good and pricing was much better.

Kicked Bell and Shaw to the curb 3 years ago...went Cogeco. Now their pricing is getting outta hand...time for a change again.
    Happy with Distributel for internet. May go with a box....

Never had any real issues with bell and if I did they took care of it relatively quickly. Pricing could be lower.

Teksavvy here.. they use bell lines. It's gone done maybe 5 times in 6 years.. a modem reset usually does the trick.
    '88 LX