Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vibration

I had the same thing happen to me before on my 91. I rebuilt the rear end and swapped gears. Car drove very smooth before. My gear pattern was good and pinion bearing preload was adjusted within spec. The car had a vibration at 110 -130. The ujoints checked out fine but I went and replaced them anyways. I even tore the rear end apart again and did it over. Nothing worked. I was going crazy!! I put in an aluminum ford racing driveshaft, the car was smooth as a foxbody could be.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Back in the day, club member after member blew their brains out changing U joints and having the stock shaft rebalanced only to see a marginal at best improvement vs biting the bullet and buying an alum shaft.

joe dick
    contacted this guy to see if he would ship to canada, no response yet, why can't we have prices like this here?

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/p...634228852.html

^ because Canada
    '88 LX

Crazy cheap.

joe dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    how did you even find that item?

i get bored, search internet, craigslist in U.S is similar to kijiji.

joe dick
    bought driveshaft, measures 45 1/2" u joint to u joint, won't fit, bottoms out on yoke before clearing pinion nut, going to have fun figuring this one out.

Your U-Joints are bad.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

joe dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    Your U-Joints are bad.
    u joints are bad meaning worn out or wrong ones? they are on an low mile aluminum driveshaft and look brand new, what is the difference between u joints for an aod and those for t5? checking parts online says there is a specific u joint for aod and one for t5 manual. Anyways gonna get u joints for manual and switch yoke from old driveshaft onto new one and see what happens.

Bad as in worn, I had the same issue with my first Fox many years ago. They looked and felt good but once removed you could see missing pins.

Quote Originally Posted by joe dick View Post
    u joints are bad meaning worn out or wrong ones? they are on an low mile aluminum driveshaft and look brand new, what is the difference between u joints for an aod and those for t5? checking parts online says there is a specific u joint for aod and one for t5 manual. Anyways gonna get u joints for manual and switch yoke from old driveshaft onto new one and see what happens.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store