Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what are you guys getting with MPG on new 5.0's

stangstevers

what are you guys getting with MPG on new 5.0's

I keep seeing like 16L/100km on online reviews. Which is funny because on my 2011, I got as low as 9's on the highway and my average in town was 13 tops. I could bring it into the high 8's by hypermiling on the highway. Only hit like 15L/100km when I was driving like a total tard, sideways and all.

Are the new 5.0's even heavier than the previous body style? What's going on...

I am not willing to get an ecoboost FYI.

It will achieve numbers you saw with your previous one and then some. The car itself, night and day more car vs the previous gen regardless of how it stacks up on paper.............DO IT!!!

stangstevers
    My stupid little mind is made up, I really want to buy some expensive cup holders and a free Mustang. Wife agrees, maybe not the timing but that's just a little detail. lol And she's going away for 2 weeks, LMAO...

Track pack II car Bill has for sale to me is an epic ride.

My wifes away for another 1.5 weeks, please save my marriage n buy it.

stangstevers
    My wife is some sort of project finance officer at a big bank... my spend will still be limited. Doesn't matter how much coin I bring in... it's good I'm controlled a little.

EDIT: I am willing to compromise by not modding the notch anymore, it's a pretty dang good driver right now (needs gears but I have that already). So if I pull the trigger on a new stang, I will be selling the IRS stuff and other performance parts I have on the shelf.

And I will have to finish the Cobra ASAP. May bring it to my friend's body shop to get it done faster too.
    Last edited by stangstevers; 08-02-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Our owner has seen as low as 8.9L/100km in his demo 2018 vert 5.0/10-spd auto.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

^ awesome numbers from a bad ass V8 but bet in continues to get even better.

Gas mileage is not part of this equation lmao

Just helps convince your wife

stangstevers
    It is a little. I'm impressed these big V8's are getting this sort of mileage now. If it was like 20l/100km average, I would be not thinking of this at all. Has to be within reason and it looks like the 5.0 is about the same if not slightly better than my Edge. Fusion gets 11L/100km city driving with me driving it - 4 bangers hate me. LOL But does get down to the 6's if I drive for it... real driving on highway is mid 8's in the ecoboost Fusion.

In a few years we will replace the Edge with either a Hybrid something SUV or a Tesla 3...