Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thinking of a boat

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    The older Maxums are meh...not the greatest...but not the worst either, however that one looks to have a Black Max motor, which are great motors, however a 75hp is very under powered for that boat...especially you plan on taking the kids water skiing an such, I really don't think you would be happy with it...however more room for say fishing and such vs. the jet boats...
    Thanks, I do really like that one posted, has a lot of new stuff and really, I think of a boat like a fox, if the structure and paint is good and the price is right, the rest is easy, lol. I may go have a look at that one if he still has it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Tomato/potato. Ya ones got twins and ones a single, but they look similar enough to give him an idea of the type of boat I was referencing.

Here is Speedster

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/sea-doo-b...%203C4&sprx=-1
    I really like the idea of it being easily washable, but there’s just not enough room for my needs. I’ve also thought of seadoos because they’re so small and easy to ride, but that seems rather pointless since I’m sure ill never be out on the water alone.

Big thanks to everyone offering opinions on this, I’m still a newb to boats, should probably get my licence, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    That things like 2 min from your house.
    I took a drive by there tonight, and noticed two things, one, it’s outside, in the rain and the cover is half off , and two, it’s at my boss’ house! Lol.

Richard... long time boater on Detroit River & Lake St.Clair.
    Last boat was a 29 Fountain with twin 454s. Stay away from jet boats as they are costly. You are a mechanical guy.... Look for 20ft Sea Ray with an I/O. With a Merc outdrive. Easy to maintain.

Stay away from anything with out Merc. OMC, Cobra, Volva Penta. Costly & hard to find parts for.
    Good Luck & see you when I hit Windsor soon!
    Sean

Thanks Sean.
    I’m not really a boat guy though, boats do nothing for me personally, I just want one to get some quality time with my kids before they’re too cool to hang out with me, lol. I wanted a smaller one so I could keep it in my driveway, and also so it won’t be so horrible on fuel. I also thought an outboard would be best because although I’m a mechanical person-I don’t do major mechanical stuff at home, barely even do maintenance.
    I don’t want it to be a huge commitment, I want to have it and be able to grab it and go on a whim. Something small, something cheap, something reliable is all I need. I may upgrade to a bigger one down the road but I need to get some time on the water first, it may not be for me.