Thread: The TMC "Spotted" Thread

I think you could take em Ron

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I think you could take em Ron
    Truth be told , after the left turn he tried on the straight lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    It's probably a safe bet that Zippy has never seen one of these I really wanted to get out and shake this guys hand 'cause I've been digging up shit like this for years and driving it around for next to nothing other than gas - this one was stinking up West drive in beautiful Brampton like a two stroke on a Sunday morning, and it was wearing Alberta plates - seemed to run really descent...lol Glad I saw it... can remember back in the seventies when a '76 Eldorado was about 32' long and those yachts where difficult to sell - the local Caddy dealer was giving away the Pontiac version of this with the purchase of a new caddy...lol - it's pretty safe to say that most people living in Brampton could never make it across Queen street in a '76 Eldorado but may be able to handle one of these...the birth of the economy car!

Attachment 19707

Attachment 19708

Attachment 19709
    In 1979 I was selling cars for Rumble Pontiac Buick. It was a few months before I started my contracting company. Somehow, I won a province wide GM contest for selling the most (Pontiac version: can't remember the name) Chevettes. I think I sold 15 in one month.
    One was to a young girl who came in with her dad to look at a Chevette. They were extremely unfriendly, especially her, so I wasn't especially friendly myself, although although far from rude..
    They abruptly left, but next morning the girl was waiting on the dealership doorstep for me to come in. She told the manager that she would only buy the car from me because of all the salespeople she'd seen I was the only one who treated her nicely!! Imagine that.
    Anyway, she bought the car and a few days later called to tell me she was thrilled.
    The next week, I got my award from GM. The same night she called me from Sue St. MArie. The car had broken down and wasn't running. She DEMANDED that I come pick her up! (to be honest, if I hadn't been already married I might have done it, because she was gorgeous.)
    I managed to get her on the phone with the service manager, who was able to have the car towed to the nearest GM< dealer, but she was forced to stay there overnight. For months aft3er she threatened to sue me for the cost of the trip.
    I guess she was unfriendly after all. Oddly, I never sold another Chevette.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

The TMC &quot;Spotted&quot; Thread

^^^^ was the Pontiac version of a Chevette not called an Acadian?

“Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by CDNfyrfytr View Post
    ^^^^ was the Pontiac version of a Chevette not called an Acadian?
    ^^^guy who didn’t win an award for selling the most Acadians knows that a Pontiac “Chevette” is called an “Acadian”.
    -Don____________

Pontiac lineIt wasn't an Acadian. That was the overall Canadian Pontiac line, which included Pontiac versions of the Nova, Chevelle and Impala.
    And forgive me for forgetting. This was 41 years ago and sometimes the mind slips
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Pontiac lineIt wasn't an Acadian. That was the overall Canadian Pontiac line, which included Pontiac versions of the Nova, Chevelle and Impala.
    And forgive me for forgetting. This was 41 years ago and sometimes the mind slips
    IT was the Pontiac T-1000 in 1979. Later, after my car selling days were over, it apparently became the Acaidian
    Chevette.
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post

I though you were under house arrest!?!? Should have come to Mississauga for beer exchange with Richard.

“Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

The TMC &quot;Spotted&quot; Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CDNfyrfytr View Post
    I though you were under house arrest!?!? Should have come to Mississauga for beer exchange with Richard.

I am
    This grocery store is 10 mins from my house- went in and convertible was parked beside me.
    Beer exchange?? I never have any good ones to exchange lol- u guys have them all

Besides Richard is a secretive guy- he never invites me!