Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driver not paying attention

Driver not paying attention

First accident happens, it's sitting in a lane with tow truck in front then second vehicles drives into it at hwy speed.

https://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=1455559

That was f'in scary shit! Surprisingly no one died.

Hard to imagine someone not seeing the truck sitting across the lane. Of course assuming not driving distracted.

Club Supporter
    Saw that last night - pretty crazy, and yes, you would think the driver in the second accident would have seen the lane obstruction and slowed down or something. Very lucky for all involved there wasn't a fatality.

That’s why if you ever brake down on the highway the safest place is as far away from your vehicle as possible
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

It's amazing how many drivers are in zombie mode...good to hear no fatalities.

My son just went through a similar accident two weeks ago. Sitting at a red light, SUV pulls up behind and stops then, a truck plows in the SUV and pushes it into my son's car. Result is ...my son is ok but his mint '09 Accent is written off and he gets $3500 to buy a new $18k car when he wasn't in the market.

stangstevers
    It’s too fucking easy to have a drivers permit. It should be so that if you cause a collision (at fault) more than twice - you are out, no more license for you. Get caught driving without a license and 10 years in jail. Dash cams should be mandatory as well.

But hey chirp the tires a little and 10k fine and suspended license

Many years ago, during the Molson Indy,(some of you may remember the incident and If I have the venue wrong please correct me) a race car was forced to stop at the side of the track. A dozen cars roared by, but one of the greatest drivers of all time, Mario Andretti, plowed right into the back of the stopped car. This sort of thing can happen to anyone. A glance down at the gauges, or in the rearview mirror can cause you to lose concentration.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Saw that the other day, insane crash and very lucky to all involved. I looked at it a few times and it looks like the Lexus was coming off a curve, so he must have been looking at the road, but then maybe looked down and by then it was too late.
    I’d love to know why that truck was sideways in the road, because really, if it ran and the driver left it like that, they need their licence pulled.

The front end of that truck looked pretty smushed. I would guess it hit the wall hard enough to immobilize it.

Everybody else managed to miss the truck. The Lexus never even flinched, like a train on rails.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    It's amazing how many drivers are in zombie mode...
    ^^^this
    -Don____________