Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk about brakes

So I may have just scored a set of the MK1 Focus RS Brembo calipers which are the same units used on the 2000 Cobra R. I already have SN95 spindles with 04GT brakes. Aside from rotors and some pads, what do I need to know to install these? Also hoping my 18" wheels should clear them with no issues.

And for street use I am thinking regular non drilled or slotted rotors with EBC greens. May finally see a track day next year but im a newbie so it wouldn't be anything nuts.

Depending on brand / style of flex hoses, all will bolt directly into place using stock Cobra rotors. Pleased with EBC greens for street use on my own, have exceeded my expectations (low dust / no noise / good initial bite / fade resistance).

Thanks Rick. These are the hoses I have now: https://www.maximummotorsports.com/M...ont-P1341.aspx
    The description says "Except Cobra R" but everything i've read say lines that work on SN95 brakes should work on these. Is it just the banjo that's different perhaps?

Those will work, yes just need to be sure you have correct thread banjo bolts for new calipers.

Thanks Rick, I believe the set I am getting comes with the Banjo's. I also have a few different ones laying around that may work. I'm excited to get these and put them on!

Terrific upgrade you'll be sure to enjoy.

I was able to locate a 2011 Mustang GT that had been used for jaws of life training in the US.

The Brembos were not touched, changed to Hawk pads also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    I was able to locate a 2011 Mustang GT that had been used for jaws of life training in the US.

The Brembos were not touched, changed to Hawk pads also.
    How did you bolt them up to your car? The mounting points on those I believe are quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    How did you bolt them up to your car? The mounting points on those I believe are quite different.
    The Brembos bolted right up, no issues. Of course the rotors just slipped on.

Wanted to use the 2011 spindle, but that did not fit as the ball joint sizes had changed.