Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  48
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stubborn Stains...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Looks amazing. What products did you use for the paint correction other than the Ultimate? What did you end up protecting the paint with in the end? Sealant or wax?
    Thanks Lawrence.

Ultimate Compound (orange and yellow pads), Ultimate Polish (white pads), Zaino Z2 (green pads) and Zaino Z8. I've been a loooong time Zaino user, this stuff always yield me excellent results in the past.

Sounds like you have a great combo that works for you. Definitely keep up the fine work.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Thanks Lawrence.

Ultimate Compound (orange and yellow pads), Ultimate Polish (white pads), Zaino Z2 (green pads) and Zaino Z8. I've been a loooong time Zaino user, this stuff always yield me excellent results in the past.

Thanks! Heck I'm using what I have in my arsenal. Next I'll be working on the Bullitt, thankfully the paint is in excellent condition it wont need any correction. Just a good polish and sealant.

Have you used new vinegar for cleaning? If yes, then I would suggest you do it again with old vinegar. On the other hand, the clay bar wouldn't work effectively here and you should try a paint cleaner with a handy foam pad.

Great work on the paint! No swirls and that colour must glow now

Yup only way is wet sand. I have one on the hood scoop.

The clear has been damaged. It's called Topical Stain Etching, usually caused by bird shit, sap or some chemical. The painted surface appears dulled or just a little off. This is a result of reflected light being interrupted by the now irregular and deformed surface. Compounding and polishing can make these areas pop and more noticeable. Since you are only polishing the upper most raised areas. Some sealants and filler waxes can hide it a bit but it's temporary.

The only way fix it is to wet sand the clear smooth enough that it no longer refracts the light.

Be glad its not Wrinkle Etching, or Fracture Etching. They look like tiny "T"s, "Y"s and "L"s

If you like, you can drop by with a case of beer and we can wet sand it real quick...and when I say "We" I really mean... You sand and I watch while drinking all the beers!!
    Last edited by Styrofoam04; 07-11-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    Joel,

I also heard about white vinegar spray or white vinegar bath. Have you tried it? Mayhap, the application of detailing clay and wax would be effective after vinegar bath.

I already tried using vinegar to remove the spots, resulting in no difference. The etching is hardly noticeable to even bother correcting.

Have you considered using an acid based product to tackle this?
    Something like IGL Delete for example?
    Do not spray or atomize this product without being properly protected/masked up as needed.

Alternatively, as Laurence suggested wetsand as needed

Thank you for the suggestion. I haven't looked into an acid based product.

Clay Bar and then wax...wet sand only if required (Only works in the clear coat layer)

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph