Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tesla vs GT news lol

stangstevers

Tesla vs GT news lol

So this is all over the media, especially media where there's a lot of snowflake readership. I think this comparison is stupid as shit. First, I get Tesla and what Musk is doing, I like the supercar speed packed into an electric that looks like an early 2000's Toyota or whatever (very understated and ugly enough to look cool) style they have.

So the recent article I think the Tesla posted mid 11's (I think it's the gutted one that's on youtube) while racing a new Mustang with performance pack, which hit mid 12's (probably a 6 speed lol). Do these morons fail to understand the Tesla is a f-ing $140,000 to $200,000 (CAD) supercar? AND didn't someone actually hit 11 seconds in a bone stock 2018 GT with 10-speed in Florida recently?

HOWEVER I get that at some point the technology will be cheaper to make and all that thanks to cars like the Tesla that pushes boundaries (still argue that producing electric cars is pretty costly in the pollution department).

I hope Ford produces a Tesla killer all-electric drivetrain option for the Mustang at some point, and yes, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I do appreciate electric motors and what they can do. I just hate how people compare oranges to apples and think Musk is the second coming of Jesus. Don't get me wrong - I do want an electric as a daily at some point but my wife said the only electric I should own is a Tesla Model S, she knows I'd get bored to death in a Prius or something. I just can't realistically justify it yet.

le rant est fini... tabarnak

Off my meds again
    I personally hope Ford kills the Mustang before it becomes a faggy electric vehicle.

stangstevers
    LMAO...

I'm sure Ford wouldn't want to offend their market with an electric but I'd support it if it could get 300km to a charge and run mid 10's out of the show room floor.

11s in a Tesla is impressive, but it’s a horribly boring way to be quick. And am I really supposed to be impressed that a $400k++ GT runs 11s??? That seems slow considering the price, and the hype

I hope they use a hybrid set up to get more power out of the whole and then switch to coyote power once rolling. That combo = 9-10 sec 1/4 mile and sub 3 sec 0-60 MPH while getting good mileage too. Now that would be a good use of technology. LOL
    FABMAN

The inevitable will happen. The Ford Mustang will most likely become a hybrid of sorts in the future. Maybe AWD? Who knows. It might be beyond our time.

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    11s in a Tesla is impressive, but it’s a horribly boring way to be quick. And am I really supposed to be impressed that a $400k++ GT runs 11s??? That seems slow considering the price, and the hype
    I meant Mustang GT... Ford should have made an ecoboost 5.2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Ford GT isn't built for that and has proven itself where it's most happy, on the race track.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    The inevitable will happen. The Ford Mustang will most likely become a hybrid of sorts in the future. Maybe AWD? Who knows. It might be beyond our time.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    ...The way things are going, in 20 years gasoline powered cars may even be outlawed as far as I can tell...
    I'm still holding out for the flying car that shoots sonic rings from the tailpipe.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    Once AI is good enough to fly for us, it could happen... Otherwise imagine Markham people flying lol